Your smile!

It has been an extremely long day for the young hero who wears black and red spandex. Marinette was smothered with school work, ladybug duties, her designing carer and helping out her parents in the family bakery.

When she got to school, she expected a break from her exhausting life, but Alya and Nino were both absent, and Adrien was going to come after lunch due to his photoshoots. So Marinette tried to breeze past the rest of her day until lunch but could not do so. The reason... a spoilt brat. She was paired up with Chloe for the group discussion, and as soon as Mari mentioned how tired she was, the blonde made it her mission to annoy Marinette as much as she could.

And that is what happened.

Marinette tried hard to put up with Chloe's constant bullying and nagging for the rest of the day, but by the time lunch came, Chloe had almost broken her...

Almost...

After the lunch bell went, Adrien walked into class, happy to be back. It was sad that he missed half the day but he didn't mind that much. He made his way to his normal seat, stopping to wave at Marinette. But as soon as he saw her expression, he moved to Alya's seat, earning a glare from Chloe. He placed his hand on hers, trying to extract some emotion from the blunette. But she kept her head down, surprised at how she reacted to her crush comforting her. Adrien was about to question Marinette but the teacher walked in, causing him to refrain from speaking. He kept his hand on hers for the rest of the class.

The bell rang, signalling the end of school. Everyone got up and walked away, leaving Marinette alone with Adrien. He carefully cupped her cheek and lifted her head up, looking into her dull eyes which used to sparkle. He wanted that sparkle back. With no words exchanging, he made her stand up and look him in the eye. Then he smiled...

And that was all she needed

She saw his mouth curve up into a smile, not a forced smile he usually gave to photographers, but a genuine, caring smile. He sparkled. His eyes twinkled. He had so much to give. His smile reminded Marinette why she fell for him in the first place. Her own heart felt like it was going to burst. Fireworks were exploding and she couldn't breath, she wanted to keep breathing only if he will be there. He made her worries melt into nothing. He was like a safe haven where she will always be comforted and loved. It was like an automatic reaction, she smiled back. She couldn't help it.

His stupid dorky smile, lights up her entire world, and he knows that very well...