In The Dark | 1

Braden tried not to focus on his roommate, Colin, who stood in their dorm room shirtless, with his gray sweats hanging loosely off his hips. Colin knew that Braden was gay, and he didn't have a problem with it, but he didn't know that Braden liked him.

Braden himself was a small boy, with golden blonde, curly locks, and freckles spread across his nose. They brought out his light blue eyes, and cute facial features. Colin glanced over at Braden, noticing that he was staring. Colin raised an eyebrow, and Braden quickly averted his gaze to the floor.

Colin was a fit boy, with a light trace of abs, and toned arms and legs. He was well known around the school, and quite popular, though he was not mean. He had handsome facial features, with a chiseled jawline, and messy brown hair. No matter how he tameed it, his hair was always all over the place.

He had chocolate brown eyes, that Braden thought were absolutely breathtaking. "You gonna get ready?" Colin asked the smaller boy, glancing in his direction. "Uh, y-yeah." Braden stuttered, mentally scolding himself for acting like a fool in front of his crush.

Although Colin was oblivious to the feelings that Braden had for him, he didn't mind having him around. He liked Braden as a friend, but did feel butterflies when Braden was in the room from time to time. Braden stood up and tugged his shirt off, leaving his tattoo of the illuminati on full display.

Colin found his gaze traveling to Braden's exposed stomach, getting a familiar sensation of butterflies in his stomach. Braden suddenly felt self conscious, thinking that Colin was silently judging him. Braden did regret the tattoo to some extent, remembering that he'd gotten it at a street fair when he was completely hammered.

Braden hurried to the bathroom, shutting the door and locking it. Colin was a little disappointed that he didn't get to see Braden shirtless for that long, but then quickly remembered that he needed to hurry and get ready so he could meet his friends before class. He quickly pulled on his uniform, along with his shoes, and fixed his hair in the mirror.

Satisfied with his look, he grabbed his bag and went to find his friends. Braden quickly finished his shower, and dried off, wrapping a towel around his waist. He walked into the room, and grabbed a clean shirt and a clean pair of dress pants, throwing them on. He put on his shoes, and walked back to the bathroom to tame his wild curls.

He brushed his hair and his teeth, grabbed his bag, and left the dorm room to go find his best friend, Finn. Once he found his friend, Braden and Finn set off to class, talking about unimportant things as they walked. After about a two minute walk from the dorms to the academic building, the boys stopped outside of their first class. English.

Braden hated English. It was the only class that he did poorly in, so naturally, he had it as his first class. They bid farewell, and Finn continued down the hall to his class. Braden walked into the classroom, sitting in his seat. He closed his eyes and propped his head up with his palm.

All he did was blink, and apparently fell asleep. Suddenly, his teacher Ms. Biggson was in front of his desk. "Sleeping in class again Braden?" She said sharply, and Braden gulped. He really didn't like Ms. Biggson that much, and knew he would probably get detention. "Shit, sorry ma'am." He sighed, running a hand through his messy blonde locks.

She rolled her eyes, and glared at him. "Watch your language, Braden. You will have detention after school today." She said, walking to the front of the room. Braden let out another sigh, and grabbed his English book out of his bag. He flipped it open to the page written on the board, and listened to Ms. Biggson drone on about some famous poet that died in like, the stone age.

Braden slipped a notebook onto his desk, and began to mindlessly doodle. It wasn't until he felt eyes on him that he glanced up, and noticed that Colin was looking at him. Braden felt himself blushing, and quickly ducked his head. He had been sketching a picture of the school, and a pretty good one at that.