In The Dark | 4

Braden woke up to Finn shaking him awake, and his back was very stiff. He didn't usually stay at motels, but since the concert was late they had to. "Time to get up." Finn said, walking over to Maria. "Damn, I forgot we didn't pack clothes." Finn chuckled, sitting down next to Maria.

"I guess we can just stay in these clothes." Maria sighed, sniffing her shirt. "Eh, it doesn't smell too bad, it'll do." She shrugged, walking into the bathroom. Braden sighed and ran a hand through his hair in an attempt to fix his bed head. "Next time we should plan a little better." Finn said, stretching his back out.

"Yeah. And next time we're not staying at a Motel 6." Braden said, getting out of bed. "Agreed." Maria said, walking back in from the bathroom. "I prefer the Hampton myself." Braden said, walking to the door. "You guys wanna go get breakfast?" He asked, looking at his friends. "Sure." They said in unison, following Braden out of the room.

The three friends left the motel and went to find a place to eat. They got in Braden's car and took off towards Denny's. Braden pulled into the parking lot and they all got out of the car. They walked in and sat at booth, looking over the menus. A waiter came over and took their drink order, and Finn struck up conversation.

Neither Finn nor Maria brought up what happened at the concert, afraid that Braden would snap at them. They didn't want to start a fight between them. The waiter came back with their drinks and they ordered their food. "So what do you guys wanna do when we get back to school?" Finn asked, taking a sip of his coffee.

"We should go shopping!" Maria yelled, causing a few heads to turn their way. "Do you always have to yell?" Braden chuckled, poking Maria's cheek. "Yes. I'm a very loud person, thank you very much." She said, glancing up at the waiter. He set their food down on the table and walked back over to the counter.

"Damn this looks good." Finn said, rubbing his hand together. "I need new friends." Braden sighed, eating a piece of bacon. "No one can replace us." Maria said, taking a piece of bacon off Braden's plate. "I will replace you if you keep taking my food." Braden said, swatting Maria's hand when she tried to take more bacon.

"Eat your own food." Braden said, gesturing to the huge plate of biscuits and gravy in front of Maria. "But I didn't order bacon..." She whined, taking a bite of her food. "Sounds like a you problem." Braden said, stuffing a fork full of pancake in his mouth. The three friends finished their food and split the bill, leaving a tip.

They left the building and piled in Braden's car, heading back to the motel. Braden parked the car and they went into the motel. They got their things out of the room, and checked out. After a long drive, and a few stops for bathroom breaks, they were finally back at the academy. Braden stepped out of the car and his friends copied him.

"I'm gonna go get changed." Braden said, taking off in the direction of his dorm. Braden swung the door open and saw a shirtless Colin getting dressed. Braden quickly averted his eyes to the floor and walked over to his closet. As soon as Colin saw his face, he knew something was wrong with Braden.

"You okay?" Colin said, trying to sound casual, but the concern slipped into his voice. "I'm fine." Braden said, taking his shirt off and throwing it on the floor. Colin's eyes were locked on Braden's bare torso, making Braden feel a little uneasy. 'Why is he staring at me?' He thought. "When did you get that tattoo?" Colin asked, pointing to the illuminati tattoo on Braden's ribs.

"A couple years ago. I was drunk at a street fair." Braden shrugged, pulling a shirt over his head. He changed into some dark gray skinnies and converse, and headed into the bathroom. He brushed his hair and teeth, and walked back into the dorm. Colin was now wearing a tank top and joggers with tennis shoes.