In The Dark | 3

Colin woke up lying next to Toby. Toby was still fast asleep, snoring softly. Colin yawned, and stretched his arms out, accidentally hitting Toby in the head. Toby groaned, scrunching his face up. He slowly opened his eyes, glaring at Colin. "What did you do that for!?" He groaned, hitting Colin upside the head.

"Ow, it was an accident." Colin said, rubbing his head. "Whatever. You woke me up, and I'm tired as fuck." Toby said, closing his eyes and rolling over. "Get your ass up, it's almost time for lunch." Colin said, glancing at his alarm clock. Toby sighed, but got out of bed. He picked his shirt up off the floor and threw it on. Colin did the same, and they both slipped their shoes on.

Right when they were about to head out the door, Braden barged in. He bumped into Toby, and glanced up from his phone. "Shit, sorry." He said, walking into the dorm. Colin and Toby left to go to the cafeteria, but Braden stayed in the dorm. He was replying to a message from Finn. 'Where were u last night??' The text read.

He quickly typed, 'I was helping Maria pick an outfit for the concert'. They texted each other for a few more minutes, and eventually went to meet up in the cafeteria.  "Jesus I'm hungry." Finn groaned, grabbing a lunch tray. "Me too." Maria said, rubbing at her eyes. Her and Braden had slept in til' 11:00 o'clock, skipping breakfast.

They usually didn't go to breakfast, since you had to wake up earlier to get there in time. The lunch ladies put sandwiches on their trays, and they went to go sit at their table. "So are you guys ready for the concert tonight?" Maria asked excitedly. "Yeah, I guess." Braden shrugged, taking a bite of his sandwich.

It wasn't the first concert Braden had been to, and it certainly wouldn't be the last. Maria had only been to a couple, so she still got overly excited when she went to concerts. "You probably won't survive in the mosh pit." Finn snickered, tossing a chip into his mouth. "I may be short but I can put up a hell of a fight." Maria said, raising one of her small fists.

"Uh huh." Braden laughed, rolling his eyes. "You're gonna die at that concert." They finished up the rest of their food, talking casually about random things. The three stood up and left to dump their trays, and then walked back to the dorms. Colin, Toby, and Valerie weren't that far behind, walking a small distance behind the three friends.

Colin began eavesdropping on them, and heard them mention the concert. "What are you guys gonna wear? We should match! Oh, that would be so cool!" Maria was saying, as Braden and Finn just nodded their heads as if they were listening. "Don't ignore me you pricks!" She said, flicking their foreheads.

They both glanced up at her from their phones, rolling their eyes. "I don't have to listen to you. This is a free country." Braden said, turning his attention back to his phone. "For now. When I'm president one day, you peasants will bow down to me." Maria said, knocking Braden's phone out of his hand.

He let out a dramatic sigh, and leaned down to pick up his phone. Colin hadn't been paying attention and didn't even realize Braden had stopped walking. He bumped right into him, causing him to lose his balance and topple over. "Ow." He said, looking up at Colin. "Uh, sorry." Colin said, blushing in embarrassment.

Braden put his hands behind his head and just lay there. "I'm just gonna stay here. You guys go ahead." Braden said, waving his friends off and closing his eyes. They laughed at him and continued walking. "Need a hand?" Toby said, reaching his hand out to Braden. "Nah, I'm good here." He said, opening one eye.

Toby shrugged and continued walking with Valerie. "You good?" Colin said, pulling Braden to his feet. "Just dandy." Braden said, retrieving his phone from the ground. Braden kept walking to his dorm, oblivious to the fact that Colin's gaze was traveling to his butt as he walked. Colin kept thinking of what Braden would look like if nothing was covering his parts.