1.10.0

Leah's POV

It had been a month since I'd met Pepper. I quickly found out she was very kind and nurturing, kind of like my mum. I liked her, but I couldn't help the feeling that she was trying to take over as my mum, and even though it had been 5 years since the incident, I really didn't want anyone to replace her. I think she gets that, but sometimes she's a bit all over me.
Me and Tony work in the Lab for most of the month, and he talks a lot about wanting me to at least get a education level assessment to see where I should be school wise, however I would always refuse. Working by myself or with one or two others worked well for me, teachers never worked well and often talked down to you, even if you knew more on the subject than them. Tony kind of understood, but because he'd always been in traditional schools and only self taught himself robotics really, I don't think he was too happy about it. I didn't really care. I did maths, science and robotics when it came to inventing so I didn't really see the problem.
I grabbed a baggy t-shirt and some jeans and walked into the bathroom to have a quick shower. That was one of the things I still couldn't get used to. The penthouse and everything was somewhat easy to settle into, however the shower was so elaborate that I had no idea what half of the buttons did. I just turned it on and quickly washed my hair and body before hopping out and drying myself off. I wrapped my hair up in the towel and got changed into my jeans and t-shirt before towel drying my hair.
Strolling casually into the living room, I see Tony and Pepper dressed up in some really smart clothes. Tony was wearing what he normally wore for when he went to business meetings, but Pepper was wearing a work dress. She never wore a dress to work. Always trousers! I think they both noticed how taken aback I was by this, cause they laughed.
"Leah, sweetie, what are you wearing?"
"Clothes Pepper, clothes." I said back, smiling, so as not to seem overbearing or generally seen like an ass.
"Yeah I can see that. Did you not see the dress I hung on your door?"
"Nope."
"Well just put the dress on before 12, that's when the conference is."
"That's today?!" I said, honestly shocked cause my mind had been on other things.
"Yeah, I mean I don't really wanna go, but I promised that reporter, so you know, my bad." Tony said. I was still calling him Tony, but he didn't seem to mind.
"I know right, making bets about being family to someone, you met like two weeks before, breaking into your apartment by using their superior hacking skills is so annoying." I said really sarcastically.
"I wouldn't say superior, I'd say better than average."
"Alright you two, you're lacking common sense Tony, Leah, go get change in your dress, we're going somewhere nice for breakfast."
"What?" Both me and Tony said. He was just as confused as I was.
"We're going somewhere nice before the conference to have breakfast. I am not having you too eat another pack of those god damn waffles, they are so sugary."
"Fills us with energy."
"No it doesn't, go get changed."
I groaned and walked back to my room. To be honest, I wasn't the biggest fan of dresses, my wardrobe mostly containing jeans and t-shirts and a couple of hoodies, but other than that not much.
The dress was mint green at the top and black and the bottom. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't really my style. I put it on anyway, knowing Pepper wouldn't let me leave the apartment without it on. In then tied my hair in a tight bun on my head and put an a little makeup; I had a feeling that Pepper wasn't letting me leave the house until I had some makeup on. I then ran to my wardrobe and grabbed a leather jacket Tony bought for me. If I wasn't allowed to wear my normal clothes I was at least wearing a jacket. To be honest it went well with the dress, so if Pepper complained, she'd have to deal with it.
I walked back to the living room and sat down on the sofa next to Tony. Pepper looked over and sighed.
"I'm not getting rid of the leather jacket no matter how much I try, am I?"
"Nope!" I exclaimed, emphasising the p.
"You are just like your father, honestly I'm surprised no one contacted Tony earlier about you being just like him." She told us.
"Not such a bad thing," Tony said. "Who wouldn't want to be just like the great Tony Stark?"
"I'm pretty sure no one would want an ego bigger than this Tower." I muttered, just loudly enough for Tony to hear.
"You hurt me Leah." He said, feigning offence. He got up and grabbed his sunglasses from the counter. "Well, we all ready to go?"
We strolled over to the elevator. Well, Tony and Pepper did, I bounced the entire time.
"Jesus, do you never stop bouncing, your just like Peter." Tony said.
"Yeah, I do this when I know good foods involved. In case you forgot, I lived on street food and whatever I could find for like 5 years, so food makes me really excited." I laughed.
"Can't argue with that." Tony shrugged.