seven

"We're here

"We're here. Please don't leave the bike, it won't take me long." Gideon told me reassuringly as he put his helmet on his seat. We were parked outside of an old steel warehouse, there were about seven motorcycles and three SUVs parked around us, I assume this was something to do with his job. What even was his job?

"Okay, sure." I told him, leaning against the wall by his bike.

"Reg is gonna make sure nothing happens, he'll be out here with you." Gideon told me, giving me a small smile. I glanced at the man standing a few feet away. He was lanky and tall, but not quite as tall as Gideon. His white blonde hair was styled into a modern pompadour, and he had a tattoo underneath his right eye. He also had tattoos on his neck, and running down his arms, it only made me wonder how many tattoos he actually had. I wonder how many tattoos Gideon actually has? I would love to see the rest of them...

"I'll be back, okay? Stay here." He told me again, placing his hands on my shoulder and looking into my eyes, making sure I understood his seriousness. "Yes, sir." I told him, giving him a fake salute in an attempt to ease my anxiety. This was not how I had expected my evening to go. It was dark now, and the warehouse around us seemed fairly quiet. I looked over at Reg, who was smoking a cigarette.

"Hey, Reg, mind if I get one of those?" I asked, pushing myself off the wall and walking towards him. He eyed me apprehensively before digging the pack out of his pocket and tossing it to me. I caught the box and took out a cigarette and his lighter, tossing it back to him once I had my cigarette lit. "Thanks." I told him graciously, standing my ground a few feet away from him. Well, this was awkward.

"You one of Gideon's new play things?" He asked suddenly, taking a drag of his cigarette. I nearly choked on the smoke.

"Excuse me?" I asked him defensively, taking a few steps towards him. "I am nobody's play thing." I announced, narrowing my eyes at his assumption. How rude for him to even suggest the thought in the first place.

Ugh, men.

"Relax, darlin'. I was just asking a simple question." He shrugged, flicking his cigarette into the gravel lot next to him. I exhaled and took another step towards him.

"Next time, how about you keep your assumptions to yourself?" I hissed, stomping my cigarette out with my boots. I shot him a glare. "You're feisty, not really his type anyways. He tends to go for the easy fuck, y'know? The girls that whine and complain to get attention? You seem different." He told me, a smirk tugging at the left corner of his lips. I rolled my eyes, the sheer audacity of this guy.

"Gideon is my friend, and he's showing me around town." I said simply, crossing my arms across my chest.

"Looks like he's showing you where he works, too. That's odd. Never seen him bring a girl around here." Reg told me, leaning against the wall and fidgeting with his fingers, purposefully keeping his eyes away from mine.