Introduction

"I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe."

Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley, Frankenstein

Roses are red, violets are blue, and I like to think that my blood and tears are too

Roses are red, violets are blue, and I like to think that my blood and tears are too. Come to think of it, life is a bed of roses, with a crap-load more thorns than petals. Then we wonder why so many youths try to escape life but can't due to the sea of rose-hedges that have enveloped them.

I know why you have come. You came to see the most dramatic period in my life. However, what is drama? Is it as Alfred Hitchcock says? Life with the dull parts cut out? Or that signifying moment when we conquer this bed of roses or make it our crimson deathbed?

/~HR&T~\

The sun was mockingly bright as I skipped a song on my smartphone. I was listening to old classical movie scores, such as Schindler's List and The Godfather theme. I sat at the window seat in a Chick-fil-A with my hoodie up and my Skullcandy's blaring. The store whirled around me and I didn't care.

I opened my browser on my smartphone and typed: Aspergers' Syndrome.

I sighed, having clamped my eyes shut as I locked my phone again and set my head back hard against the booth

I sighed, having clamped my eyes shut as I locked my phone again and set my head back hard against the booth. I didn't notice my dad approach and sit, sliding the Chick-fil-A box towards me and caused it to bump my hand. He tapped his ear, wanting me to remove my headphones.

After taking them off, we just looked at each other a moment before he said,

"Well, the psychiatrist renewed your prescription, and she gave the okay on the school transfer."

"Geodon?" I asked.

"Yeah," he said rubbing his neck, "we're gonna have to get a schedule going for you to take your medicine and study."

The grip on my phone tightened as I bit out, "I don't want to go back to public school."

"Son, your brother will be there for you."

"I don't care!" I said bitterly.

My father sighed, "C'mon, open house will be tomorrow and we got a plane to catch."

I sighed as he put a blue and white pill on the table which I washed down with my Dr. Pepper. After our meal, my knees popped when I stood and I made my leave with my cane. Walking out, I spied a pack of boys and girls my age, laughing and having fun. Normal. Envy stirred in my stomach and caused me to turn my gaze downward to my feet and cane.

Why can't I be normal? Why was I born with this curse? Why do I feel like Frankenstein's monster? That everywhere I see bliss, joy, happiness, NORMALITY, of which I am irrevocably excluded?

The taxi ride to the airport was uneventful as I gazed out the window while killing my hearing. This time my music of choice was Lindsey Sterling, NF, and Apocalyptica. Some were instrumental while I skipped some that weren't. That was until I was greeted by the cacophony of the airport.

The noise, lights and stimulation made me uncomfortable. Normally, this would have put me on edge but Geodon's side effects started kicking in. I began to feel drowsy and collapsed into the first class seat of my father's leer jet.

I didn't wake until we pulled into my father's private airstrip. I dragged myself inside, feeling half dead as I did so. I felt like I was resisting a coma; that's what Geodon does to me on the days I can't sleep through it's effects.

I vaguely remember how I dragged myself to bed. The next day I got up, brushed my teeth and sighed at my reflection. The face looking back at me didn't smile. Some might think that I'm handsome, but I guess that's all about the eye of the beholder.

I put on a white long sleeve button up shirt and some slacks afterwards. As I descended down the stairs I spied my old tutor packing her bags. I walked tentatively towards the doorframe and propped myself up by the elbow; wanting to say one last goodbye.

She heard the boards of the wooden floor creak as I rested my weight upon them. She looked back on my solemn face and we shared a last embrace. It wasn't two hours later that I heard the door shut behind her and watched her try and get a taxi from a high window.

The rest of the day I spent my time writing stories and comics on my iPad. My favorite location of choice is a patio that overlooked the city that I dubbed The Porch.

A/N: Hello all! Not the best, (or longest) intro I've done but if you liked the chapter so much that you forgot to vote then vote or DIE THE DEATH XD. And before you ask, those screenshots are unedited for a reason XD. Any questions? How's your day so far dear reader?