Chapter 4

A minute after, Kongpob and Forth's hazing team arrived at their hangout area.

The bench under the old shady tree where Beam had found Forth taking a nap was actually the hazers' hangout area. That explained why no one dared to go near that place. It was the Hazers' Haven.

The area had four benches surrounding a rectangular cemented table perfect for spending lunch and study sessions together.

"Where's the Moon, N'Forth?" asked Tiew, a third year hazer.

"Oh, is it Student ID 0029, Ai'Forth?" Lam asked Forth for confirmation. He was one of Forth's hazing team members.

When the hazers saw Forth looking daggers at Lam, everyone was giving each other an exuberant high five before shouting in unison, "Bullseye!"

As if on cue, Beam appeared before their eyes, gasping for air while checking the time on his wristwatch. Upon seeing that he got there five minutes before the allotted time, Beam smiled exhilaratingly.

Due to excitement, Beam did not even notice that they were not alone anymore. He stood in front of the man with blue jacket who was now softly staring at him. Their eyes locked with each other. Then, Beam took a deep breath and closed his eyes.

Beam held the violin between his chin and left shoulder, and started playing Johann Pachelbel's Canon in D major. All the hazers were all eyes and ears at Beam.

Everyone was in awe even those who were having their lunch at the food court which was a few meters away from the Hazers' Haven.

Forth was totally fascinated by Beam's performance. The man in front of him was definitely the most handsome yet beautiful man he had ever seen. God, he's in love with Beam!

When the last note had been played, Beam slowly opened his eyes only to be surprised at the sight. He was not alone with the man in blue jacket. The crowd looked as if under some sort of spell. Flabbergasted. Speechless.

The standing ovation from the hazers awakened the crowd, and gave him a plaudit that lingered for a minute. Beam's cheeks flushed red.

Beam looked at the man in blue jacket again. Good heavens! He saw nothing but pair of eyes full of admiration.

The ringing of a cellphone startled Beam. Upon recognizing that it was his, he answered the call without looking the caller ID. He already knew who was calling him. That tone was set solely for his cousin.

"Hello, P'Pha," said Beam in a sweet tone.

This made Forth scowl. He knew very well who was on the other line. It was Phana. A Sophomore from the Faculty of Medicine. He was a friend. A drinking buddy to be exact. How was he related to Beam? Great! He hadn't started yet, and now he was already trapped at the den of the green-eyed monster.

"Not yet. I'll be there in ten minutes. I will just have to return something that I have borrowed. See you later na...," Beam ended the call and excused himself from his seniors for leaving ahead of them.

Beam smiled to Forth apologetically, "Goodbye, P'. Thank you for today. Have a nice day."

Forth wanted to ask Beam's phone number, but he's already gone. Now, he's lost. He already missed Beam.

"Don't forget tomorrow's Freshmen Gathering, N'Forth." Kongpob reminded.

Forth nodded.

To Be Continued...