Chapter 2: Part 2

Nico turned into the men's bathroom to quickly wash his face of the pink tint that dusted his pale cheeks, he looked up to see Luke washing his hands. "Hey, Nico is it? You're a junior right?" He nodded slowly making sure the hair that hid his face didn't move. "Sorry about, earlier is your sketchbook okay," he questioned gesturing to the notebook Nico held in his pale cold hand. He nodded again, it hadn't occurred to him that maybe somehow it was damaged. He flipped the first few pages filled with doodles and sighed audibly.

"Wow! Nico you're so talented!" Luke had popped up without warning. Nico felt himself tense up as he closed the book with a thud. Most girls would've loved to be where he was now. Not him. Hell no. The most popular guy noticing Nico is like his worst nightmare. He normally loomed in the shadows, he doesn't get noticed, so stop noticing him! Luke looked like a sad puppy he leaned in close his breath sending cold shivers down Nico's neck, "Please, let me see?" Suddenly Nico heard a group of boys down the hall and he had let loose a breath he was unintentionally holding, "Better get going," Luke said casually, leaving Nico with a face still flushed pink, breath hitched, and a stone like feeling in his stomach, in the bathroom of an empty school building. He felt like fainting.
***
       Percy

Percy's Wednesday, so far wasn't going so well. He didn't beat his 100m time, he nearly knocked a innocent bystander into a pool, once he got to the showers the water had gone cold, and he still had water stuck in his ear. Annabeth was attached to his waist as she went on about how the school needs more funds for the arts program. Percy didn't pay much attention as when he met up with his group of friends again they told him there was a party this Friday. Percy really didn't want to go. His mom's ex-husband, his ex-stepdad, had a terrible relationship with the bitter drinks. Ever since then he's never liked drinking, but he would never spoil his friends fun. Plus, he'd rather be the designated driver, so those idiots don't sit in the front seat under the influence.
"Percy!" Annabeth said snapping her fingers in front of Percy's eyes, "Where you even listening?" " 'fraid not princess," she sighed. "I was saying how in the arts program you should at least get paint brushes? Right?" "Ye-" Percy shook his head, "wait they don't have paint brushes?" She nodded, "I'm thinking we could have a dance at the school to raise money?" "That's a good idea! Oh! It can be underwater themed!" She shook her head, "This isn't a disney movie Seaweed Brain come on." Annabeth has called Percy that ever since he was 5 and went to an aquarium with Annabeth's family, since then He'd been obsessed with aquatic life. Percy hopes to be a marine biologist when he leaves high school. He actually has really good grades lowest grade he'd ever got was B- is he valedictorian? No way, but people did know Percy as the kid who has an obsession with underwater wildlife. Oh yeah and captain of the most popular swim team in New York.
Annabeth continued to speak endlessly. Percy rolled his eyes and followed her to his car.

***
Nico
    Nico breathed out into the autumn air, his breath making swirls in the mist. Pretty. He thought. Nico always walked home, as he could stop at the park that was in the middle of the walk from school to his home. He sat on the swingset his feet swinging him slightly as he put his skullcandy earbuds in. Euphoria by BTS playing quietly in his ears. He prefers their fast paced loud music, but the quiet relaxing music seemed more catered to the scene set around. The stillness of the seesaw creaking slightly in the wind, he earthy smell of the woodchips, the cool breeze that tickled his neck ever so slightly. It was calm, he breathed in and let his mind wander. He took about his charcoal pencils and sketchbook. Nico looked up at the slide that spiraled down. He remembered a distant memory of him and his sister pushing each other down the same one. He couldn't do that now as Bianca goes to University of the Hunt.
Nico drew himself as a little kids in the same spot going down the slide. He smiled at his black and white portrait. It had been 2 hours and Nico still had to shade his drawing, but he knew his stepmom Persephone would start to worry. He exhaled as he rose from the swing and took out his earbuds that was playing some Fall Out Boy song. Probably Where Did the Party Go? As that was his favourite song by them.
He shuffled his feet to his house. When he got home Ms. O'Leary jumped up on him, "WOOF!" The dark grey dog jumped on its hind legs giving Nico a huge old slobbery wet kiss to the face. Apparently, Mrs. O'Leary loved him, but tried to bite anyone else's hand if they got too close. "Hey girl missed me?" Nico heard his voice crack at the end. He then realized he hadn't said much today.