Chapter 16: A Ride Home

Thursday

Nico

The poor boy had had enough of the tall, tan, and slightly toned person that is Percy Jackson. Getting practically run over did not help.
He didn't know why the world hated him so much, but it did.
"Nico!"
The curly haired boy looked up completely disoriented, and confused.
"Oh, hey Percy," Nico tried, but his glasses got knocked off his face. He felt so stupid as he clumsily tried to look for the frames.
"Oh, Nico here," The fit boy said holding out the thin plastic glasses.
"Thanks," Nico went to reach for them, but Percy just placed them on the tip of Nico's nose.
"There, sorry about that, I was super excited to get out of detention I was really looking."
"It's fine they aren't broken or anything- wait detention?"
"Hm? Oh yeah I got detention for dozing off in Dr. Chirons class,"
"Chiron, but he's so chill?"
"That's what I thought too!" Percy let out a sigh, "apparently after being told to wake up 3 different times, he draws a line."
"Three different times? Damn, Jackson."
"Yeah, yeah smartass I was tired after practice, I was trying to push the boys too hard this morning. Anyway, speaking of pushing are alright?"
Nico's face dusted a light shade of pink, "Yeah-fine-why?" He ushered adjusting his glasses, and hair around his face.
"Well, I kinda just body slammed into you at full force while running," Nico blushed a darker shade, awkwardly stuttering.
"Here, why don't I give you a ride home? You seem to be leaving, and last time I checked you didn't have a car."
"All right, but you have to promise me to take me home right away. No funny business."
"Funny business! Nico I'm a young adult, I'm mature, when have I ever been mischievous."
Nico made an are you serious right now look, then mimicked him pulling out a notebook, and started flipping through the invisible pages.
"Okay, I get it just come on."
The two boys walked to Percy's old pickup truck. Mindlessly chattering, not complete silence, but not a whole conversation.
The metal creaked as Nico open the car door. The handle cold to the touch. It had only been a couple days since Nico stepped foot into this car, but it felt foreign, and uncomfortable. The thickness in the air was hard to inhale.
The pale boy took a large inhale before closing the door behind him.
"You okay?" Nico nodded chuckling slightly, "so why were you in school at," Percy glanced at the radio, "5:00?"
"Oh, I'm in art club," Percy didn't seem amused, but you couldn't blame him. Nico was in art club. Not something so interesting. Plus, Percy knew Nico was an artist. A bad one at that. Nico wasn't feeling so confident. His insides churned and his head felt woozy. He knelt his head against the cold glass, and tried to get his body to calm down.
"You okay there?" Nico nodded slowly. His brain going dull, his eyes seeing black dots.
The poor boy shook his head in hopes of clearing his head of this god awful feel. As usual, it didn't work, and he still felt dizzy.
"Are you sure you you're okay I can take you too mine if you wa-" "I said take me home Percy! Please just listen to me for once!" Percy gulped, nodding as he clicked the car into gear. The engine whirring to life disrupting the awkward silence.