The House

"We're here!" Your mother said. "Finally!" Your 14 year old brother, Raymond said. You got out of the car and looked at the house. It was tan with a red roof. It didn't look too old.  Raymond stretched. "Ah, it's nice to get out of that stiff car seat! I think I almost broke my back because of it." Raymond said. You smiled. All three of you walked to the front porch and your mother unlocked the front door. As soon as she opened the door, you and Raymond ran inside. "Wow! This place looks so much bigger than it does from the outside!" You exclaimed. Raymond raced upstairs with his luggage and looked in the hallway. There were only two bedrooms. You followed Raymond upstairs. "What's up,  Ray?" You asked. "There's only two bedrooms... Does that mean...?" Raymond murmured. "Mom? Where's my room?" You called from downstairs. "Oh, sorry kids, but you two have to share a room." Your mom called from downstairs. "Aw, come on! I want my own room!" Raymond complained and went down the stairs to the first step. You followed. "I'm sorry sweetie, but you can't just sleep in the living room. You have to share a room with (Y/N). Remember, she has no choice in this either." Your mom said. "I can sleep on the couch! I've done it before back when we lived at those smaller apartments!" Raymond complained once more. "That's enough! This isn't an apartment, this is a house! Don't complain just because you have to share a room with your sister!" Your mom said. Raymond sighed. "Fine..." He said. "Why don't you two set up your rooms with the luggage you already have." Your mother suggested. "When's the moving van coming?" You asked. "Well, I just got a text from them. They said they won't be here until tomorrow or the day after because the engine broke." Your mother explained. "Aw, well that sucks!" Raymond said. "Are you two excited about school?" Your mom asked. "I'm still kinda sad that I couldn't get some of my friends numbers so I could call them. Now I have no way of contacting them." You said. "Oh, I'm sorry, (Y/N). But that's okay. Its normal, sweetie." Your mother said. "I hope this school is better than the last. Everyone kept teasing me because (Y/N) is funnier than me. They kept calling me a "normie"." Raymond said. "I'm sure you both will make tons of friends and have fun." Your mom said, kissing the you and Raymond's head. "Now, you two go set up your stuff. And maybe afterwards you two can meet some of the neighbors!" Your mom suggested. "Hey, yeah! That sounds like a good idea!" You said, looking over at Raymond. He gave you a dirty look, and walked right back upstairs. "Wait, if the moving van isn't coming until tomorrow or the day after, where are we coming to sleep?" You asked. "Well, actually, I got rid of your old beds and ordered a bunk bed. It won't be here until Monday. Today is Saturday, so until then, you'll have to sleep on the floor." Your mom said. "Ugh. Okay then." You said, walking up the stairs. "Hey, (Y/N)! I call right side of the room!" Raymond yelled. "Mom's getting us a bunk bed and it will be here Monday. We have to sleep on the floor." You said. "Oh. Well, in that case, I call right side of the room until Monday!" Raymond said. You chuckled. You both set up your stuff in your room. "Alright, Ray. Are you ready to meet some of the neighbors?" You asked. "Not really..." Raymond said. "Is something wrong, Ray?" You asked. "This is house just makes me feel weird. In fact, this whole town kinda seems... Wrong." He said. "I know how you feel. This house is a bit strange. But, we shouldn't worry. I'm sure that we'll be happy here. If you don't want to meet the neighbors today, that's completely fine." You said. Later, you and Raymond ate dinner and went to bed. That night, you felt unsettled, as if someone was watching you. You eventually went to sleep, but the feeling did not stop.