"You look like hell"

I woke up on what I recognized as the gym floor.

My head was rested on a pillow and there was a blanket over me.

I saw my mom training a group of men, and I couldn't help but wonder if she made me sleep here all night.

I slowly sat up, pulling the blanket over my shoulders before standing.

I went into her office- seeing Jake.

"Hey" he smiled, immediately standing.

I felt sick.

I didn't feel good- at all.

I didn't respond- which seemed to concern him.

Thankfully- I was right beside her trashcan- because I threw up almost immediately.

His body crouched beside mine- pulling my hair back and gently rubbing my back.

I paused- taking a moment to let out a whine.

"I think you need some breakfast sweetie."

Once we were sure I was done throwing up- we stood.

"Come on- you and I will go to McDonalds- get some hash browns and go to my place and you can sleep some more, how's that sound?"

I gave a solid nod- letting him lead the way.

We went to my mom- who's eyes widened.

"You look like hell" she announced, making me quickly roll my eyes, letting Jake take over.

"I'm taking her to McDonalds and then to sleep at my place-" "not McDonalds Jake- make her a smoothie." Mom declared.

"Okay- okay whatever." He gave in, which made me almost cry on spot cause I was really in the mood for some fucking hash browns.

We went to his truck, and he drove me quietly as I held ice to my nose.

"What your mom doesn't know won't hurt her" he grinned- pulling through the McDonalds drive through.

He got us both food- is both eating on the way to his house.

We got into his apartment, and he immediately tucked me into his bed, positioning a pillow to where it would hold the ice for me.

"Get some sleep- I'll wake you up before your mom can"

I didn't hesitate for a second to shut my eyes- letting the sleep take over.

Jake.

I rotated thirty minutes on and off of ice packs- careful not to wake her up each time.

I genuinely felt bad for her.

Girls her age should be able to pig out- eat whatever the hell they wanted without receiving any comments from anyone.

But her mother wanted her to be perfect- like herself.

But she was certainly doing it the wrong way.

Around noon- I entered to take her ice off and she was sitting up, gently touching her own nose.

"Sore?" I questioned

"A little" she responded, yawning lightly after.

"Oh no" she suddenly said

"What?" I quickly spoke to her

"I feel a sneeze coming." The look of pure panic spread across her face.

We ran to the sink, and just as we got there- she sneezed, blood hitting the sink immediately

"I'm bleeding again?" She questioned, looking to herself in the mirror- seeming a little shocked at what she saw

"No- it's probably just the excess, don't sweat it" I spoke, hugging her to me tightly, feeling her relax into me

"I don't know what I'd do without you" she spoke into my chest

"You certainly wouldn't be able to easily cheat on your overly strict diet."