"Do you think you need help?"

six-"do you think you need help?"

one week later.

"Payton- what did I just tell you?" She asked- turning away from Mason to look at me.

"Mom, it's my appointment-" "yes, and I told you to cancel it- isn't it obvious that a have a client." She spat out quickly.

"If you just wanna finish when the appointment it over we can do that- I'm sure it won't take long- it's kinda my fault that you have the appointment anyway" Mason breathed out, sending me a sympathetic smile and I couldn't help but nod in agreement

I mean- it was his fault.

"No Mason- she's fine." Mom breathed out, turning to me.

"Cancel it."

I groaned loudly- walking away from her and to her office where I retrieved my phone.

Just as I was about to call the hospital- Jake entered the room.

"I thought you had an appointment?" He shot towards me.

"I'm canceling it because my mother is too busy being a bitch to take her fucking daughter to the damn doctor-" "no, don't cancel it, come on- I'll take you, you need it." He nodded quickly.

"You do too much for us-" "if I don't do it, who is, Payton?"

We ended up in his truck- mom promising that she would come as soon as she finished with Mason.

"Do you think you need help?"

I looked to Jake, raising my eyebrows slightly.

"What?"

"Like- Payton, you're sixteen" he mumbled lightly, looking between the road and me.

"I'm just saying- I wasn't forced into a diet when I was sixteen." He mumbled, making me sigh.

"You're asking if I feel as if I'm being abused?"

He looked to me before parking in a spot at the hospital.

"I guess I am"

I shrugged

"I don't think it's abuse- because she's never hit me." I mumbled.

"She's just strict about what she wants out of me- it isn't abuse." I spoke to him, seeing his eyes staying on me the entire time.

"If that changes- you'll tell me, right?"

"Of course."

He kept his hand on my back as we walked into the hospital, checking in at the nurses desk.

A nurse then led us to a different room last time- telling us that Dr.Clifford would be in before we knew it.

Mason stood beside me as I sat on the tall ass bed, hating life.

He hugged my body into his, letting me lean my head on his shoulder.

Soon the door opened- the same doctor walking in with a smile.

"Nice to see you two again." He smiled- immediately sitting in the chair.

"Where's mom?" He asked, turning to look to us while clicking through a few things on his tablet.

"The gym- she had a client" I spoke quietly

"But she'll be coming shortly" Jake finished, making me nod in agreement.

"So, how have you been feeling?" He asked- standing and moving to me.

"Pretty good" I breathed out, seeing his eyes scan my own.

"Not much bruising" he spoke- making me laugh lightly.

"That's the power of make up" I announced- making a smile spread over his face.

"It's still dark bruises?" He asked, making me nod to confirm his question.

"They'll slowly start fading into a yellow until their just gone." He spoke- gently touching the bridge of my nose- which was still pretty sensitive.

He touched one spot- making my eyes immediately shut- my head almost trying to pull away, which made him quickly apologize.

"You can breathe okay?" He questioned me.

"Yes" I responded, seeing him nod.

"You're gaining the strength of the bone back- I still do not suggest any exercise, but if you do, nothing too hard." He spoke, touching the bone under my eyes gently.

"You're still pretty sensitive- which is a little alarming cause it's actually supposed to be diminishing- but I don't think you should worry about it too much- but if it hurts to touch in like two weeks from now, you certainly need to come back." He nodded, making me nod.

"And as long as you don't have any questions- I can take you to Calum." He breathed out with a smile.

"Yeah- that's fine."

Jake and I walked beside him, him and Jake discussing exactly how Jake and I were related.

"We aren't- at all actually, but I've known her since she was a baby- I just have always known her mom some how" he laughed lightly making Clifford nod.

"That's pretty cool actually- cause you both kinda look alike."

We went into what I assumed was someone's office.

"Calum" Clifford spoke out, leaning against an immediate wall.

"Michael" Calum responded- never looking to him.

So it was Michael Clifford.

"Got your patient" he breathed out- making Calum's head look up, a smile taking over his face

Were doctors actually happy to see their patients, or are they just fake smiling to seem nice?

"perfect timing" he spoke as he stood, coming to us.

"Exam room B"