"Don't call her- please"

sixteen- "don't call her- please"

Calum.

She held Ashton's hand- letting me easily find a good vein, getting the iv in perfect before immediately giving her the medicines I knew would give her some relief.

Michael and Ashton looked over the scans- discussing them as I grabbed a blanket- throwing it over her small body before also turning my attention to the x-rays.

She definitely had two broke ribs on one side- one broke on the other.

Her head CT looked perfect- which was a huge relief.

"You got away lucky, sweet heart" michael spoke as we all turned towards her- seeing her squinted eyes, which were also pretty puffy and red.

"I don't feel lucky" she spoke as I went to our cabinets, grabbing a few cooling rags.

"You're going to stay here overnight, just so we can keep these good medicines pumping and we can make sure your vitals stay where they are right now, okay?" Ashton spoke.

"My moms going to flip the fuck out." She spoke.

"Does mom know?" Ashton asked as I slowly started slipping the cooling rags to the very sensitive knot on the back of her head along with the back and the front of her ribs.

"No, I called Jake" she mumbled quietly, grabbing my hand once I finished, which made me give her hand a small squeeze.

"Well we better tell her-"

"Don't call her- please" she immediately spoke, looking to us, as if begging.

Michael sighed
"We can hold back a few more minutes, but we are legally required to tell her once we have a room assigned to you," he spoke, making her nod slowly.

"So tell me- how'd you manage to fall, hurting yourself this much"

"I was wet from the shower and ran downstairs to get my phone and I was running back up- and I just slipped. At first I thought I would be able to like, walk it off so I went back upstairs- sat on the floor for a little bit before Jake came and got me, now I'm here" she spoke quietly, letting me tuck some hair behind her ear.

"Wait- so you fell, which gave you a concussion along with some broken ribs and then you literally climbed the stairs and made it all the way to your room?" Ashton asked- which once thinking about it, shocked us all.

"Yep" she spoke slowly

We let the room go silent, and I slowly noticed Payton's grip on my hand getting looser and looser

I continued to rub my thumb over her knuckles, watching as her eyes slowly started blinking slower and slower.

This caused Michael to leave- signaling to us he was calling her mom.

Within seconds after he left- the medicine had completely knocked her out.

We moved her to her overnight room- careful not to wake her, especially with pain.

Jake soon joined us, watching as I tucked ice packs on both sides of her ribs carefully.

"She's going to be okay?" He asked.

"It'll take about a week, but she'll be back to normal" I nodded, pulling the blankets over her.

Within twenty minutes after Michael returning- her mom walked in, groaning loudly.

"How the fuck did she fall down the stairs?" She questioned.

"She was wet from her shower and I assume she was running" I spoke, pulling a chair closer to the bed before I sat in it.

Her mom never touched her- she sat in a chair on the other side of the bed, looking to her as she rested her chin into her head.

"When can she go home?" She asked

And just that question pissed me off

Never did she ask the main important questions

Is she okay?
Why is she so bruised?
Does she need surgery?

She wasn't worried about her and that was more than clear to me.

"If she wakes up feeling okay she can leave tomorrow" Ashton answered for me, making her nod.

"She's bloated" she pointed out, making me immediately roll my eyes before pulling the sheets over her arms completely

"It's all the medicines in her" michael spoke.

The kid literally could've fucking died and she's still worried about if her stomach is flat or not.

Soon it was getting late- her mom left to go pick up food and we of course stayed with Payton.

I noticed Payton moving a little- which concerned me because she still had a good bit of medicine in her system.

Soon her eyes fluttered open, making me laugh.

"What are you doing awake?" I asked her, watching her blink slowly.

"I dunno" she breathed out quietly, moving more towards one side of the bed, which concerned me.

She patted the extra space she had made- which told me what she wanted.

"No you need to stay comfortable-" "I just want attention" she whined slightly.

I rolled my eyes- knowing the medicine would knock her back out in no time and I would move her back to make sure she was comfy.

I crawled under the sheets with her- feeling her head hit my chest as she nuzzled into me.

Jake.

I watched as she nuzzled into Calum, her head resting over his heart, her hand on his stomach, the rest of her body just relaxing into the side of his own body.

I watched the way the four doctors treated her- and I knew it was good- I actually loved the way they treated her.

I knew she would have everything she needed or ever wanted with them- I could just tell.

Within an hour- both her and Calum were asleep in her bed.

Her mom returned- smiling to the two of them before looking to the other three

"It's nice to see her with a- trustable male figure"

But yet, she hated him yesterday