The Doppelganger

I stood outside the door of an abandoned house with Elijah by my side. We had gotten news that Rose-Marie had wanted to get our attention, so now we are here. She opened the door and froze for a second in seeing me which made me smirk a bit.

"Hello Elijah, Maverick. I wasn't aware you would be joining us Maverick." She told us. 

"Oh darling you should know that I stick by Elijah's side," I told her as I reached out and stroked the side of her face making her shiver in fear.

"Maverick we are here on business," Elijah told me as I retracted my hand.

"Of course, how could I forget," I told him. "May we come in Rose-Marie?" I asked her and she nodded her head and lead us to a few chairs so we could speak.

"Please excuse the dirt." She said as we all sat.

"Oh no, what's a little dirt? I completely understand. Now tell me, what gave you the courage to call me?" Elijah asked her.

"I wanted my freedom. I'm tired of running. You are in a position to accord me that?" Rose asked.

"We both are Rose-Marie," I told her.

"We have complete authority to grant pardon to you and your little pet. What is his name these days? Trevor. If we see it fit that is." Elijah told Rose after mocking Trevor which made me chuckle.

"Katerina Petrova," Rose told us which made us pay more attention.

"I'm listening," I told her now more curious.

"She didn't burn in the church in 1864," Rose told us.

"Continue," Elijah spoke.

"She survived," Rose said.

"Where is she?" I asked her.

"You don't seem surprised by this." Rose pointed out.

"Oh, when you called and invited me into these armpits of civilization, which is three hours from the town we know as Mystic Falls, I assumed it had everything to do with Katerina. Do you have her new position?" Elijah asked her.

"No, but I have better. I have her doppelganger." Rose told him.

"That's impossible, her family line ended with her. I know that for a fact." Elijah said surprised.

"The facts are wrong," Rose told us.

"Well, show her to us," I demanded.

"Elijah, Maverick, you are men of honor, you both can be trusted but I want to hear you say it again," Rose told him.

"You have my word, I will pardon you," Elijah told her quickly as I nodded my head in agreement.

"Follow me," Rose said and we moved to follow her. She led us to a room with a single couch and my eyes landed on Trevor. I flashed him a smirk and he shook with fear. I turned to see Elijah near the doppelganger who I knew existed.

"Human, impossible. Hello there." Elijah greeted the doppelganger. I smiled as I sped over and stood beside Elijah.

"You look just like the original," I told her with a smile.

"Please don't let them take me." She pleaded with Rose-Marie.

"One last piece of business then we can go," I told her as I walked over to Trevor. "Trevor I think you owe Elijah an apology," I told him as I circled him.

"I am truly very sorry Elijah. You trusted me with Katerina and I failed you. I ask for your forgiveness." Trevor begged as he shook.

"So granted," Elijah told him and gave me a nod and I quickly hit his head from his body. Rose screamed in agony as I smiled sadistically. 

"We said we would pardon you Rose-Marie, not your pet," I told her as I pulled a handkerchief from my coat pocket and wiped my hand of blood.

"Come along," Elijah called the doppelganger as she stood in fear. He went to pull her along when she blurted out.

"What about the moonstone!" which made me freeze.

"What about it?" I asked her as I faced her completely.

"I know where it is and I know you need it." She told us.

"Where is it?" Elijah asked her.

"It doesn't work like that." She told us.

"Are you negotiating with us?" I asked surprised as I turned to look at Elijah who gave me the same look of surprise.

"It's the first I've heard of it," Rose said from behind us with a bitter voice. I ripped off the doppelgangers necklace which had vervain in it and compelled her.

"Where is the moonstone?" I asked.

"In the tombs under the church ruins." She told me blankly.

"And what is it doing there?" I asked her.

"It's with Katherine." She told me as I chuckled and looked at Elijah.

"Katerina. Of course." He said. We suddenly heard noises in the house and looked around confused.

"Who is in this house with us Rose-Marie?" I asked her as I turned to look at her.

"I don't know." She told me as the noises continued and Elijah dragged the doppelganger along as we moved to the center of the house to look around.

"Who is it Rose!" Elijah yelled at her as he threw the doppelganger at her.

"I don't know!" She yelled back.

"Up here!" A voice calls from the top of the stairs and Elijah rushes up to them and suddenly Rose and the Doppelganger are gone.

"Down here!" Another voice calls as Elijah is shot in the hand with an arrow and I quickly kicked the voice next to me into a nearby wall.

"To who it may concern. If you think you can beat me, you are wrong. Do you hear that? You can not beat me." I called to the vampires in the house as Elijah broke pieces off a coat rack to make a stake.

"So I want the girl on the count of three. One.two." Elijah counts before the doppelganger appears on the top of the stairs.

"I'll go with you. Just please don't hurt my friends. They were only trying to help me." The girl says as Elijah rushed back up the stairs to get her.

"What game are you playing with me?" He asked her confused and she suddenly throws a vervain grenade at him and it hits him in the face. He holds his face in pain as he screams.

"Elijah!" I call in worry as I go to help him when one of the vampires grabs me. I quickly throw him off of me and toss him into a wall making him groan in pain. I turn back to see the vampire I kicked earlier stake Elijah to the wall with the makeshift stake. I growl as my eyes flash an amber-gold as I look at him ready to attack when I suddenly felt my neck snap and I fall to the floor letting the blackness take over my field of vision.