Content

Elijah and I enter the tomb where Elena has told is holding Stefan and Katerina. She has requested we get Stefan out so we had Jonas lift the spell. We move the rock that was placed in front of the entrance. Soon enough Stefan and Katerina come to the entrance and she gasps is fear at seeing us making me smirk. 

"Maverick, Elijah." She says in surprise.

"Good Evening Katerina." I greet her.

"Thank you for having the good sense to be frightened," Elijah tells her. "You're release has been requested." He tells Stefan.

"What? By who?" He asks confused.

"The lovely Elena drives a hard bargain," I tell him with a shrug of my shoulders.

"However we came to a peaceful agreement. She and I." Elijah tells Stefan.

"Please, come," I tell him as I gesture for him to leave the tomb.

"I can't." He tells us.

"Yes you can I had the spell lifted," I tell him as I stare at Katerina guessing what she was planning as Stefan hesitantly steps out. When he is safely out Katerina tries to make a run for it but I quickly intercept her.

"As for you, however, you should not exit until I say so. When Klaus comes he will want to know exactly where you are." I compel her.

"You are free to go. Elena will explain the arrangement to you." Elijah tells Stefan as I make to leave. "If she keeps her word I'll keep mine," Elijah tells Stefan as we leave and head to the hotel.

Timeskip

Today is the historical society tea party and Elijah insisted that we attend. So here we are.

"Have you spent much time in Richmond for your book? There's such a wealth of history there." Carol the mayor of the town tells Elijah as he had his hand wrapped around my arm at the historical tea society. 

 "No. I'm focusing mostly on the smaller regions of Virginia. Lots of research. Strictly academic." He tells her with a smile.

"That's fascinating." She tells him as Damon shows up.

"Damon." She greets happily.

"Carol." He greets her with a kiss on the cheek.

"What a surprise. Elijah, Maverick, I want you to meet Damon Salvatore. His family is one of mystic falls' founding families." She tells us. 

"Such a pleasure to meet you both." He greets with a fake smile on his face as I smirk.

 "No. Pleasure's mine," I tell him and we leave the room for some privacy from the humans as we enter an office.

"What can I do for you, Damon?" Elijah asks him.

"I was hoping we could have a word." He tells us.

 "Where's Elena?" I ask him.

 "Safe with Stefan. They're laying low, you know, a bit of a werewolf problem." He tells us.

 "Oh, yeah. I heard about that." Elijah mocks as I sit on the desk watching in amusement. 

"Heard it was quite a problem," I told him.

 "I'm sure you did since it was your witch that saved the day." Damon glared at us.

 "You are welcome," Elijah tells him.

"Which adds to my confusion on exactly why you're both here?" Damon asks.

 "Why don't you just stay focused on keeping Elena safe and leave the rest to us," I tell him as Elijah tries to leave but Damon intercepts him and I move to stand but Elijah stops me.

"Not good enough," Damon tells us and Elijah pushes him against the wall and strangles him. Damon tries to strangle Elijah too but he's not strong enough so Elijah breaks his wrist.

 "You young vampires, so arrogant. How dare you come in here and challenge us." Elijah tells him as I laugh.

 "You can't kill me, man. It's not part of the deal." He speaks afraid.

 "Silence," Elijah tells him as I hand him a pencil from beside me and Elijah stabs Damon in the neck and releases him.

"We are originals. Show a little respect." I tell him as I hand him a handkerchief. "The moment you cease to be of use to us, you're dead, so you should do what we say. Keep Elena safe." He tells Damon before we leave. 

"You're so hot when you take control of the situation." I tell Elijah as we leave the tea party and head for the car. My eyes flashing amber.

"Well, you're hot all the time." He tells me with a smirk as I get in the passenger's seat and he starts the car.

"Careful, saying things like that get me going and then I'll want a taste," I tell him with a smirk of my own as I stare at him.

"Maybe later, but right now I'm driving." He tells me and I huff and look away.

"Fine, but only a little until we get out of this car." He sighs and hands me his wrist. I smile happily and kiss his wrist softly before I let my fangs show and bite into his wrist. He groans a little as I feed on him and when I'm done I back off and lick his wound. I realize we are already at the hotel. I smirk as he rushes out of the car and to our room as I follow him and when we get inside the room I remove my jacket and pull up my shirt sleeve as I didn't want blood on it. I sit on the bed with Elijah next to me and offer my wrist to him. He takes it and digs his fangs into my wrist.

"Easy Elijah," I tell him with a groan as I stroked his face with my other hand. When he is done he pulls away and collapses on the bed. I smile as my wound heals and I lay next to Elijah the both of us Content.