Prologue

Viktor watched his feet, as he felt his feet glide across the ice, he held his hands out as he giggled. "Mama! I'm flying! I feel like I'm in the air!" He let out the brightest smile he had in a while. His mother smiled slightly, she had been letting Viktor skate everyday before his father got home, he didn't understand the meaning of knowing two laungues, but his mother told him to learn it in case he had to move. He didn't know why he'd have to move, but he leaned it anyway. It was one of the most popular laungues in the world, English!

Little Viktor smirked slightly as he kicked the ice with his skate, his mother slightly gasped as he stumbled. 

Viktor giggled "Oopsie!" He smiled slightly, as his mother looked like she was going to have a stroke. "Mama? Are you okay?" He squeaked slightly, skating over to where she was siting on the snowy stump. "Oh I'm fine Viktor, don't worry." She gulped, then looked at her watch. "Viktor, dad will be home soon, lets go inside." She grabbed his hand, and Viktor frowned as he was being dragged away from his favourite place.

He took off his skates, and his mother packed them away. In the same old drawer. He frowned, as his mother pat his head. "Daddy will be back from arresting criminals!" She then wrapped a hand around his neck. He felt slightly heartbroken. "Mama, why do we arrest other people? Aren't they human like us?" Viktor expected his mother to look at him with a soft gaze, but instead it was anger, she had unwrapped her hands and was glaring at Viktor.

"Never, ever think that Viktor. They are virmin." She scowled, then shut the drawer.

"But, they're human!" Viktor protested, instead he felt pain across his cheek, something hit him. Not something, but someone. He sniffles, and looked up to his mother Who was leaving. Viktor rubbed his cheek, then got off the bed and walked to his room. He laid on his bed. "Mafia.." he looked over at the book shelf in his room, then got up walking towards it. He reached for the book titled 'Mafia in-'

He stopped reading The title when he heard the front door slam open, he ran back to his bed. He lept on then his door slamed open. "Viktor!" He roared.

"D..ad?"

His father gave him a glare.

"I-- i mean Vylad... Nikiforov" Viktor gulped, as his father slightly smirked. "Do you want to know something exciting son?" He walked over and sat next to him, looming over the 7 year old. "I've started night shift. That means I'll b playing  with you more often now!" He smiled at the young boy. Viktor felt his heart shatter, but he smiled halfly. "G-Great Vylad!" He lifted his hands in a exciting motion. He didn't care, he was more mad then happy. But he couldn't let his father know.

"I'm going to tell Tanti." Vylad pat Viktors head, then got up and walked out. Viktor ran to the door and shut it. He curled up against the door and felt anger surge through him.

He began hearing his mother yelling, repeated by his fathers loud Russian that he couldn't make out. He could hear loud stomps, he lept away from the door as it slammed open, hitting his ankle slightly. He looked at his fathers face, he looked incredibly pissed off. He gulped, as his father grabbed him by the collar. "Skating? Haaaahh? Viktor really?" He snorted in laughter, as the Russian left the room with his son in one  hand. 

"No son of mine is going to skate. They will be working against the mafia!" He yelled in angry Russian, Viktor felt his vision go blurry, as his father threw him into the sofa. His father walked into the room, then returned with the skates. He lit the fire place then grabbed viktors hand, and shoved the skates into his hands, he pointed to the fire. "Burn it, Viktor" his eyes widened,  as his mother steps forward. "Vylad! Viktor loves skating! He could make a career out of it!"

She opened her mouth to speak again, but got a mouth full of a fist. "No, Viktor if you want her to live you'll burn it." He glared at his son, then back to Tanti. "Tantiii... Do you want him to skate this bad?"