5.) Family Reunion

Leo Mendel:

Oh cool! Time for me to talk. Thanks to the map guiding the team to the right location, we landed back into the Arctic like temperatures in no time. This was my eighth time being here, so I knew the place pretty well. All of us left the robot, with Harris making it go incognito. Walking to the front of the cabins, I had to make sure no one had tech on them.

"Ok," I started out, "all phones, electronics, and mech links in the bucket."

Before I could explain why, one of them started freaking out.

"What?!" Spyder asked in shock. "Why?!"

"Everyone here is allergic to tech. If we bring ours with us, we won't be able to go near them." Ryan told him.

Spyder whined a little. We all put our stuff inside. Once we did, I led them to the town. Well, I almost did.

"Wait!" Veracity shouted.

All of us stared at her. We watched her dig her hand in Spyder's back pocket. She pulled out his cell phone.

"Dude." Harris said.

"But-"

"Nope." Mark cut him off.

Spyder sighed and dropped his phone hesitantly into the bucket.

"Is that it?" I asked.

Spyder nodded. Not trusting it, Ry and Mark walked over to him and checked it out. Spyder's hat was removed as we saw his MP3 player. Mark also found his laptop under his coat. Both brothers dropped his belongings into the bucket too.

"How'd you...?" Mackenzie inquired in disbelief.

"Hey, that's your stuff!" Spyder blamed.

V gave her a look.

"Mackenzie." She reacted as she crossed her arms.

Kenzie threw her hands in the air.

"What? Just in case anything happens, you wanna be completely cut off from the outside world?" She defended herself.

"Girl please. Everyone in there has been cut off from the outside world for years." Ryan told her.

"Yeah, but that's MP3 isn't even mine. That's Mark's." Mack revealed.

We all looked at the sixteen year old with shock. He looked guilty.

"If I can't have my daily dose of Demi Lovato, then there's a problem." Mark said to us.

"Mm mm," Veracity responded while shaking her head, "all of you are so attached to your things. Shame."

"V you made me try to smuggle-"

"Shh!" Veracity shushed Mackenzie.

Me, Ryan, and Harris gave them her a suspicious look.

"Seriously, everyone have all the tech inside of there?" Harris questioned.

They all nodded.

"Alright then," I said, "let's go."

The kids and I began to enter the town. We saw a lot of people walking around and doing some work. However, who I was looking for was the person who informed me about the two technopaths. Ryan's mother. She told me that a certain little girl found out about before Lincoln packed up and snuck away. Speaking of that little girl-

"Ryan!"

There she is. We all turned back to see her running up to us. Her name was Brandi. She's the first one we cured when we first got here. Well, when Ry first got here. She's also the reason we were able to escape so quickly. That little one is a smart cookie indeed.