8.) Fresh Start

Veracity Campbell:

I don't know what had happened in there, but sure enough, Lincoln had joined us instead of terrorize us. The townspeople were unsure at first to let her back in. Made sense. Then Hairbear stepped up and explained to everyone how a good intention can be handled the wrong way. I agree with that wholeheartedly. The way he delivered the mini speech had me impressed. I won't go into details on that, but I gave him a pat on the back for doing a good job.
   Randall made sure that their best guys would keep an eye on Lincoln while she helped come up with an idea for curing everybody. Then it hit me. We just saved two technopaths, convinced a psycho that it's not so hard to do the right thing when dealt with appropriately, and also benefited a society to where they could reconnect with the world someday. Wow, we're good. Nice way to spend a Saturday.
   All of us, including Ryan's parents and Brandi, made our way back to Mech X. We chatted about what happened, how we could help, cracked a few jokes, and planned on at least a monthly visit. I had to say, being apart of this team is more interesting than being like everyone else at school. If only they knew, man Christi Medlin would be so jealous! I'd love to rub it in her face. Maybe someday if we're not going to be the new face for targets to spot.

"I'm glad we got to see you again Ryan," Violet began, "we owe you all a thanks."

"Yeah well, don't worry about it Miss," Mark tried to brag, "if you need any-"

"Shut up dude." Brandi shut him down.

We all laughed.

"I'm just happy we could help," Leo retorted, "and that I can share any research with you guys for that cure."

"Greatly appreciated Leo," Randall responded, "you picked a good group of kids."

All of us glanced at one another.

"This generation is going to make our future brighter." Randall complimented.

"Heh, ok just make sure you still pray though." Spyder told him.

Mack shoved him playfully in the arm as Ryan walked up to his birth parents.

"I don't care how far away we are from each other," I heard Violet say, "you're my son. And were going to be a family again someday."

"I can't wait." Ry responded.

He hugged the both of them. I smiled.

Mark Walker:

Spyder and Ava were the first to walk closer to the robot. Harris followed suit while the other girl talked to Leo. Veracity joined her in that. I was about to walk away, but Randall stopped me and pulled me aside while Ry was running up to the others. I looked back before facing my brother's birth father.

"I have to give you another thanks." He told me.

What?

"Why?" I asked.

He smiled.

"I didn't know how Ryan would grow up thinking his parents were right there when they really weren't," he interpreted. Ooo, I don't think I ever used that word, "and he had to find out early in highschool and I don't know I thought he'd be...crushed."

I nodded.

"Ryan's a tough one." I responded.

"Yeah he is," Randall agreed, "the way he talks to me about you guys-"

"How do you guys talk to-"

"Through Leo." He explained.

"Oh." I said.

He shoved his hands in his pockets.

"Leo says how much you guys care about each other and how through all the rough times you stood by each other," Randall told me as we both glanced at my little brother for a second, "he loves all of you guys to death."

Wow.

"Especially you." Randall went on to speak.

Say what now?

"Nah, he thinks I'm more of a bother than a brother sometimes." I admitted.

"Eh brothers pick on each other from time to time," Randall rephrased for me, "Ry cares about you a lot. Never shuts up about you."

Oh no way, that's a long shot.

"Trust me he does," he told me, "I'd write it all down if I could."

Wait, did I say that out loud?

"Yup." Randall replied.

Crap. He must've seen the look on my face because he was laughing. I joined in on that. That's when I heard V whistle. I gave Randall one last look before going along with the others. We all waved at Violet, Randall, and Brandi. Ry used his powers to lift the robot's foot. We all were clamped inside. I climbed up the ladder, with all the girls following me up. In no time, our mission was done and we headed back to Bay City.

Harris Harris Jr.

While Ryan was taking us back, we learned about Kenzie's friends. Ava was a guardian just like she is. They both train together and get to fly through dimensions. Talk about out of this world! The other girl's name turned out to be Casey. She was...different. Her powers, unlike the others, were more elevated I guess you could say. I wanted to ask if she was a guardian too, but she didn't seem like she was in the mood to talk about that. Eh, couldn't be mad at her. Not everyone has to spill everything.

"Thanks for the save guys." Ava said.

"Especially you Kenziebear," Casey added, "the way you busted me out. I could've gotten out no problem if crazy didn't-"

"Hey!" V stopped her.

"What? She was and still is, I don't trust her." Casey stood by her statement.

I chuckled.

"Well we'd love to stay, but guardian duties are calling," Ava told us, "so keep saving the world kiddies. We're out."

And just like that, both of the girls snapped their fingers and left the robot.

"They're cool." Spyder thought.

"Are they going to be around here again?" Mark inquired to Mack.

She shrugged.

"Who knows?" Kenzie responded as she wrapped an arm around me and Spyder, "whether they do or not, I'm happy I get to be with you guys."

You don't have to guess why we love her so much.