The accident

"Hey mom!" Jace skips into the kitchen. "Hey baby" Sandra kisses Jace on the top of her brown hair. "What do you want for dinner?" Sandra balls up cookie dough and places it on a pan. "Hmmm...spaghetti!" that is Jace's favorite food. Jace's hazel eyes glint with joy. Brian comes into the room and kisses Sandra, he picks Jace up and swings her around the room. She giggles as he sets her down and he thinks to himself how he's the luckiest man alive. "Oh butterfingers I don't have any pasta sauce." Sandra looks at Brian. "Well then I guess we'll have to go get some" he smiles. "Ok, we'll be gone for a few minutes Jace don't have a party while we're gone." Jace laughs she absolutely adores her parents. Sandra and Brian smile and wave as they walk out the door.

6 hours later
*Knock knock* Jace is scared her parents have been gone for hours and now there's some strangers at her door. "Jace? Jace Christensen?" Jace looks out the peephole and sees officers. "Can we come in?" a kind female voics asks. "My mom says not to let strangers in." "Your mom is smart but there's been an accident." "What kind of accident?" Jace asks.
"Just open the door kid" a male cop rams the door open and Jace screams in shock. "Should've let us in when we asked." "Now Tom she's just a kid, what's wrong with you?" Now Jace is silently screaming and crying and shaking. "It's ok sweetie" the female cop soothes. Tom rolls his eyes, "don't baby her Jill she's gonna have to grow up fast, come on little girl." Tom reaches towards Jace but she pulls away and glares at him. "What's your name sweetie?" Jill asks, "J-Jace." "That's a beautiful name. I'd love to learn more about you, come with me?" Jill reaches her hand out and after a few seconds Jace takes it.

At the police station
"Are you sure she has no family members?" "Just an uncle and he wants nothing to do with her." "Why not though? She's really adorable." "I'm sorry officer Adams." Jill sighs, "it's fine thanks Cindy." Jill hangs up, "no luck, can't find anyone who will take her in." Tom grins, "what'd I say? She's gonna have to grow up fast. What are we going to do now?" Jill thinks and then lights up, "what if-" "No, no way," "I didn't even say anything yet" Jill says indignantly. Tom shakes his head, "I know what you're gonna say, you can take her in for now but you'll become attached." "No I won't I swear" Jill begs. "I don't know you already sound attached" he sits up, "WAIT! I'll do whatever you want. " "Whatever?" he smiles cruelly. Jill cringes wondering what she has gotten herself into. "You'll clean the group toilets for two months." Jill hesitates Tom usually eats mexican for lunch it shows in the toilet. She sighs, "deal." He opens the door, "see you tomorrow plumber" he swats her on the ass as he walks out. Asshole she thinks as she goes to Jace.

Life for Jace is about to change for the worse.