17 Ønly The Middle

Birds sang their songs, squirrels ran up trees chasing their other little fury friends.

Hands wrapped around her waist,she didn't know that someone was so close to her.She was just so in love with the feeling of their warmth and comfortness.
It wasn't until she woke up that she found out.

My eyes very slowly opened and ajusted to the light as I did,I yawned and stretched out my legs.
I turned,I became face to face with a very familiar sharp toothed grin.

"Good morning,sorry for moving up to your side but I guess I moved in my sleep" he sat up and stretched his arms up and back and then forward.

"I'm gonna make breakfast" I said getting up from my spot,the bed went down and up a little before staying still.

"Alright I'll help" jack said,why does today feel weird?

I walked into the hallway and down the stairs skipping a few steps along the way,as soon as my feet touch the living room floor I smiled,the little shags of the rug stuck in between my toes and made a nice fuzzy feeling.

I walked to kitchen,I was about to open the fridge when I realized..
We..didn't have food..

"Jack" I said in a annoyed voice.

"Yes?"

"We don't have food.."

If jack had eyes he would he rolling them right now.

"Of course, alright,get your shoes and jacket on we're going out."

This was the first time I've been anywhere with jack to get stuff, usually he'd just leave me here.

"Okay!"

I got ready and me and jack headed out,it stopped snow my completely but jack said we're supposed to have the craziest snow storm in all history in the afternoon so we must hurry.It was already 9 so we had at least 3 hours to find a house get whatever we needed and leave.

I could still see the tire prints from when jeff left yesterday,we followed that trail and eventually we found a path that seemed already used recently.
Jack was kinda iffy about it but there was no other way and we already wasted an hour walking here.

So we just followed it and hoped for the best,Nothing interesting happened for the whole trail so I have nothing to share from it, though the house we found seemed like it was brand new.
Jack didn't find it odd but I did..

"Do you want to come in or stay out here and hide?" Jack asked taking something sharp out of his bag.

"Umm,I think I'll just stay out here for now..where should I hide?"
Knowing what jack does I didn't want to see it again..
Even thinking about it makes me sick.

"Well I was thinking you could help me out..you could pretend to be hurt and ask for help everyone will pay attention to you and I can sneak out the food then...then uh,I kill them.."

Trick them?

"If you don't want to it's fine but we're running out of time here.."
Jack said..

"Uh sure.."

Jack slighty cut his finger and rubbed it on my face,he then moved snow out of the way and rubbed his hand onto the ground then placing dirt stains on my clothes and face.

"Alright knock on the door and cry out hurry go "

Jack disapeared behind the house and so I went to the front door,I took a deep breathe and started it.

"Help help me! Oh my God help!" I called out banging on the door making myself cry.

Quickly the door was pulled wide open and a middle aged male was standing in front of me.

"What's wrong?! Are you okay miss?!" He asked.

His hair was black and a little curly on top,his skin was pale and smooth,His eyes were a deep dark brown.

"I uh..please help.." I said tears rolling down my face.

"Here here come in please" he placed his hand on my back and gently pushed me in amd satted me down on a couch.

"What happened? You look injured!" He said,his eyes scanning my face.

I was about to say something but my eye saw jack sneak in and quietly walk behind him.

"..someone was watching me..they followed me and they wouldn't stop..I'm kinda scared to go home...." I said narrowing my eyes down.

"Someone eh? You know I saw a car drive past here yesterday,was that your car?" He asked with a smile.

I nodded.

"You live in that mansion? Wow you must be rich! I've always wanted to live there,but I never get enough money haha" he chuckled,jack suddenly got extremely close.Though he wasn't attacking him..like he was supposed to.

"Really? Well the house is really nice..y-you..should come visit some time.." I struggled to say those last words fully knowing he won't be alive much longer.

"That would be awesome!" He happiness made me smile.

I looked up at him and saw that jack was watching us,I quickly glanced at him but then back at the guy.

"I'm Adam,Adam Mardon by the way" he reached out his hand for me to shake.

I hesitately shook it.

"I'm y/n...y/n l/n " a weak smile hid my fear and anxiety as we continued to have conversations while jack grabbed stuff from the kitchen.

Jack walked to the window and made a head movement indicating we need to go,I sighed and got up from the couch.

"I must leave now,but I'll talk to you some other day.."

I faced away from Adam and tried walking out,but he grabbed my hand.

"Wait..I thought you said someone was out there..at least let me walk you back home.." I didn't know what to say,jack crossed his arms and violently shook his head no.

I have to say no..
I just have to..

"N-no..sorry I'm okay,I'll try and keep in touch..bye Adam" he let go of my hand and with that I left the house,jack didn't part up with me until the house was out of sight,jack wanted to make sure Adam wasn't watching me walk with jack.

"We don't have much time,we need to pick up the pace" jack said.

"Why didn't you kill him?" I asked,this question lingered in my head ever since jack didn't do anything.

"Well..it seemed like you two would make good friends,and besides you haven't had any actual HUMAN interaction in months.." jack walked faster and I caught up with him.

"Uh jack.." I said.

Jack looked behind him to look at me.

"What?" He asked a little unpatient.

"It's starting to snow"