TWO

"we are not sure he will be able to wake up any time sooner."

"but you're a doctor, for gods sake, there should be something you can do."

"only time can solve this issue."

"does this mean he might be in a coma ... forever?"

"the chance of that happening is really low, but the fact that he will stay in this state for a year is possible, ma'am."

taehyung barely twisted his eyebrows to the sound of people speaking. he heard a voice that sounded like his mother and he wanted to open his eyes but it was too hard. the pressure, the pain, it all downed on him pinning his tired body to the bed.

"what about his boyfriend, jungkook?"

jungkook... jungkook....

his boyfriend. they were both in a car accident. but what happened to jungkook, where is he?

all those thoughts and worries about jungkook made taehyung's eyes open.

he slowly blinked once... twice... until the bright, white hospital light hit his eyes with pain.

he turned his head to the right, only to find his mom and some man dressed in a white doctor's robe speaking.

"m-mom?" taehyung barely spoke but it was loud enough for his mom to hear.

"oh my goodness! taehyung, my baby! you are awake!" she exclaimed running over to him and smiling brightly with tears, staining her cheeks.

it was hard for taehyung to speak so he just smiled and looked at the doctor.

"miracles really do happen." the doctor announced writing something down on his clipboard. "something must've awoken you, something that you heard maybe?"

"j-jungkook... where is my boyfriend? i-is he alive?" taehyung managed to squeak out trying to sit up with his barely regained strength.

"oh, unlike you, that boy was in a coma only for three month, so he went home earlier." the doctor explained as he prepared some medicine.

"only three? how long have i been sleeping?" taehyung questioned as his mother helped him sit up properly.

"you were in a coma for four and a half months." his mother answered as she stroke her son's cheek.

"f-four and a half? wow... i didn't even.." taehyung spoke being extremely confused.

he wanted to know what happened to jungkook. why didn't he wait for taehyung to wake up? did he leave? maybe he was forced to leave? or did he think that taehyung will never wake up?

so many questions filled his mind but his stomach gave him the answer in another way.

"oh right. you're hungry. i'll ask the nurse to get you some food. you can go home this evening. get lots of rest and drink the medicine you'll be given." the doctor commanded and went to talk to the nurse.

taehyung's mom sat next to him smiling.

"where is dad?" he asked looking around after realizing he hasn't come.

"oh he is at work. it is wednesday today." she explained and stood up when a nurse brought in the food. "you enjoy your meal, while i call him and tell the happy news."

as she exited the room, the nurse put his food on a little wooden table at his feet. she filled his glass with water and wished taehyung a good meal.

when she was about to leave, taehyung grabbed her hand.

"excuse me, but do you know anything about this boy named jungkook?"