004

Y'know, is it too late to take back everything you said about putting your best foot forward? Because right now all you wanted to do was put your best foot up someone's ass.

So far nurse Gobong has had you following by her heel for the majority of the day like some child in time-out while all the other nurses rushed around or laughed leisurely with coworkers.

It was getting ridiculous.

"Gobong!" You grunt as you slam down the clipboard that the head nurse had requested—because apparently the first one you gave her was too flimsy.

"Gobong I'm tired and I feel like you're running me in circles."

"What gives you that impression?"

"This morning you had me count how many cotton swabs were in a new package clearly labeled 3,000 cotton swabs."

"And how many were there?" She questions while biting on the neck of her black pen, scribbling on the new board you brought her.

"...2,892."

"See that's very vital information..." She mumbles as she circles the kidney acceptee, checking him to ensure that he was in the proper physical state to even be able to accept the kidney that was on it's way. "Imagine how much trouble we'd be in if we didn't know that we were short those few."

"...Hmfph. I just want to do something productive, not these stupid tasks."

"Productive? Fine," She huffs, rubbing her eye and yawning. "Go to the main desk, in the front, bottom drawer—It's locked with a key to make sure that noone steals it..."

Now your ears perk up and you nod along with GoBong's words—okay if it was under lock and key then it has to be important.

Pulling a key from around her neck, she stretches it to you."Take this key and go get me a new pen, this one's running low on ink."

Twitching, you freeze—stuck between wanting to pull out your hair and throw those keys out of the thirty two story building.

And only moments after the nurse realizes that you weren't leaving does she glance up at your ghostly face."You look disappointed."

"When you said it was something people under lock and key I thought you meant some expensive med tech!"

"Honey you don't know how many pens we go through because people keep stealing them, now shoo." Shoes tapping, the nurse pauses and smiles at her patient, gesturing for him to give her his arm.

"But I really do need you to get that pen."

🐻

"What else is on the agenda for today?" You huff, rubbing the corners of your eyes—If only boredom could kill.

"Faculty meeting, you don't have to do anything but stay back and act pretty."

"Aw you think I'm pretty? Don't flatter me," You muse—rolling your eyes at yet another boring task where you'd have to just sit in the background and watch.

"Did you catch the part when I said act?" Slick with her tongue, Gobong pulls back the closest thing she ever seems to get to a smile; a tug on one corner of her lips paired with a snide chuckle.

And that was when you decided for yourself—If she wasn't going to take your seriously then you were going to have to take what you wanted by force.

You just didn't know how such a bold move would cost you.

🐻

Now the meeting room looked just like any other room in the hospital, white walls on white floors—only it had a lingering scent of air fresheners, and a large table was set out in the middle with dozens of chairs gathered around it; however two people stood over the others, arguing.