1.

EDITED
Christian as the picture !

Christian tries his best to be optimistic as his grumpy aunt pulls up to the school parking lot. She does not tell him goodbye or to have a nice day. She simply grunts, and he takes that as his cue to slide out of the passenger door.

He is dressed how his mother always chose his clothes. He is wearing dark wash jeans, a white button up, a grey tweed vest over top, a black tie, and brown leather shoes. His hair is combed neatly out of his eyes, face cleanly shaved, and his late father's silver watched clamped on his wrist.

Looking at the masses of teenagers now, he realizes that he sticks out like a sore thumb. Yet it is too late to turn back now seeing as his aunt Carol has already pulled out of the parking lot and is speeding away from the school. Hiking his plain black backpack higher onto his shoulder, he sucks in a deep breath and slowly makes his way into the school.

A pink blush dusts his cheeks as he notices all the stares from passing teens.

Maybe the tie was too much ?

"Hi cutie, are you lost ?"

Christian turned around quickly to see a pretty blonde girl with a shirt seemingly too small, twirling her hair around her finger as she pops her chewing gum in her mouth. She gives him a sly smile Christian doesn't quite understand.

"Uh, hello. I'm looking for the office. May you point me in the direction please ?" Christian asked politely.

"How about I take you there directly, cutie ?" She smiled that strange smile again.

'Maybe that is just what her smile looks like....'

"Um, alright. I would appreciate that kind gesture," Christian said with a bit of uncertainty in his mind. He wasn't sure this girl was someone he wanted to get involved with. His mother would throw a fit if she saw him talking to her right now. Mother would complain endlessly about how her skirt was too short, shirt too tight, and how her hair was obviously not naturally blonde.

Although, Christian would agree with his mother on the fact that this girl did indeed show a little more skin than was deemed in his mind as necessary.

The girl smirked at Christian's polite answer and quickly grabbed his hand, dragging him off in an unknown direction. Christian instantly wanted to recoil from the girl's touch but did not as to not accidentally hurt her feelings.

"I'm Kara, what's your name cutie ?" She asked in a high nasally voice.

"My name is Christian Martin," He replied while trying to memorize the path they were taking.

Just as Christian spotted a sign that said 'office' Kara squealed and gripped Christain's hand tighter as she jerked him in a different direction.

Christian was about to protest when Kara cut him off.

"Bryson ! Meet Christian! He's new here so can you try and be his friend ?" Kara asked an intimidating looking male with a whiney voice.

While normally Christian would try and avoid anyone associated with the likes of Kara, the sound of a having a friend for the first time kept him rooted in his spot.

"I don't know K, this guy looks like a total dork. You know I don't let nerds hang around me," Bryson appraised Christian before addressing Kara as 'K'.

Hope of having a friend instantly withered in Christian's chest. He muttered a soft "excuse me" and started towards the office.

"Aww c'mon Bry, don't be a dick ! Look at how cute he is !" Kara wined again.

'Don't be a dick....that is a phrase I will have to learn the meaning of....'

"Calling another guy cute in front of your boyfriend isn't the classiest thing you've done Kara," another boy laughed as he passed by them.

Christian did not see him at first. He had turned to look simply to aquaint himself with more faces. When he did, it was as if all the oxygen was sucked from his lungs.

Walking as if he owned the hall was a guy Christian's age with a smug smirk on his face as he bumped Kara's shoulder as he passed her. His piercing blue eyes, ebony black hair, and stark white complexion clashed in Christian's mind like a melody with one note out of tune. Yet, everything wrong with that analogy felt so right while looking at him.

He wore ripped jeans, a white tee shirt, black boots, and a black leather jacket with the sleeves shoved up to his elbows. His attire was so simple yet in Christian's mind, it suited him perfectly.

As he passed Christian, the boy glanced at him from
the corner of his eye. The smirk on his face tugged up slightly more at the corner of his pink lips.

"Be careful around them baby doll, they aren't your type of people," the boy murmured in a soft voice only loud enough for Christian to hear. Christian's heart beat sputtered as his brain tried to process every sense Christian was using. The sight of the gorgeous boy, the deep rumble of his baritone voice, and the smell of cigarettes and musky leather all assaulted his senses like trained mercenaries.

On top of all that, what on earth did he mean by "not your type of people" ?