2.

EDITED
Diego as the photo!

Diego hates pretty much everything.

That is very well know amongst everyone in North High. The only two things that can bring a smile to Diego's face is his motorcycle and his twin sister.

Despite this well known knowledge, girls still tried to grasp his attention. Guys still tried to pretend to be his friends.

No one is sincere.

Everyone is selfish.

They just like his looks, never....him.

Sincerity is all Diego looks for in a person. And so far, he is coming up empty handed.

That was until this morning after all.

This morning Diego found someone worth pursuing. Someone who sincerely wants companionship, but also know that Kara isn't the one for the job. That was obvious by his uneasy eyes on her hand grasping his.

When she said the word "friend" in his presence however his eyes lit up in a sliver of hope. That was all Diego had to see to know that he was someone to pursue. Or at the very least give him a chance.

Don't be mislead. The new kid has the appearance of a pure, untainted angel with his mature attire and sunkissed brown hair that looked soft to the touch. His innocent green eyes that widened at the very sight of Diego sparked an animalistic want in Diego that just said take.

Take.

Keep.

Make him yours for eternity.

Of course, Diego couldn't do that just yet. While the new kid peaked Diego's interests, that does not mean he can instantly trust him. That would be rash. Diego first has to lure the angel away from the sleaze bags that are Kara and Bryson. Then Diego has to get to know him. If he is the type of person Diego thinks he is....then he will claim him as his. And only his.

What Diego said to the Angel in the hall....he meant it. If he wants people to actually care about him than Kara and Bryson are not the way to go. He seems like he knows that, yet he was so eager at the word "friend" which brings Diego to the conclusion that the angel has either had few or no friends in the past.

That fact is both sad, and reassuring.

While it is sad the poor angel has lived his life friendless, his lack of luxury of having lots of friends will make him appreciate the ones he receives in the future.

That thought is truly encouraging for Diego.

~♡~

First period French brings Diego a pleasant surprise. In the seat beside Diego's assigned one sits a nervous looking Angel.

"Bonjour à tous, je m'appelle Christian Martin," the Angel spoke in fluent French with only a hint of nerves in his voice as he shook in his shoes. The French teacher had asked Christian to introduce himself to the class by his seat. He certainly shocked us all by doing it in French.

A faint blush dusted Christian's cheeks as he heard Diego mutter "holy shit" under his breath. Of course, Christian doesn't know Diego's name yet. He just remembers him from the hall.

"Thank you Christian! That was lovely dear, you may sit down," the teacher beamed at Christian. Christian nodded and quickly sat, glad to be away from all the prying eyes.

The whole class Diego never took his eyes off Christian. As a result, Christian's blush never left his cheeks.

Diego began to study Christian further. One thing he failed to notice earlier is how fucking tall Christian is. Christian has to at least be six inches taller than Diego. While Diego's feet rest flat on the floor, his knees are parallel to the ground. Christian on the other hand, it is a marvel how he managed to shove his knees under the desk. Diego takes not that Christian has to often stretch his slender legs in front of him to cease the ache in his knees from being crammed under the desk. When Christian does this, his feet come close to nudging the feet of the person in the desk in front of him.

Jesus.

Diego can feel his body react to that one attribute of Christian alone. And he cannot fathom why it affects him so. Diego sees himself as the dominant partner in any sort of relationship. That will not change under any circumstance....yet the thought of how much taller Christian is than himself heats him up in a pleasant way.

Diego decided that he shouldnt think too hard on that thought in any public setting.

Another attribute of the angel that Diego admires is his eyes...green with flecks of gold around the pupil. They are a breath of fresh air compared to Diego's cold grey eyes.

~♡~

To Diego's disappointment, he does not see Christian again until lunch. And even then, Diego is left silently fuming as Kara grabs Christian's hand with her grubby paw and literally drags Christian to her table with Bryson and his football pals.

One of those said 'pals', Andrew, slings his arm around Christian's shoulders and slugs him on the chest. Christain winces but tries to keep his smile as to not damper the table's mood.

The poor angel is obviously uncomfortable.

Yet he says nothing. Diego uses every ounce of restraint in his body to not run over there and rip Andrew's arm from its shoulder. Currently, Diego has no right to. Christian is not his. Christian is his own person and can be jerked around by whoever he pleases at this very moment.

Even that thought sets Diego in an ever more sour mood.

No longer being able to stand the annoying sight, Diego rushed from the cafeteria to eat his red apple some place else.