2. I Don't Own You

You were always your own person, challenging me when I overstepped and tried to be the boss. Strong and independent was what you are.

I always get what I want cause I'm a king. I want you, show you off to everyone but you wouldn't go for that. I offered to take you shopping at Yves Saint Laurent but it didn't impress you. You make your own money and I can't ever see you going broke and needing me.

You were never a toy to me. I know I tried to tell you who you could see, tried to change you and sometimes even held you back but you always fought back. Never let me show you off or allowed me to be overzealous.

I was bored with basic bitches who wanted me, you were the only one I wanted. I always responded to your texts cause I wanted pictures of you. You always said no, sexy and flirty on your own terms. You threw off my game by being so fierce and independent and I realized you weren't a prize I could put on the shelf, you were the one. Smoking and staying up is one of my favorite things to do and I shared that with you. You never lent money or borrowed because you knew how to handle your money.

You always argued that you never told me what to say or what to do so I should just let you be yourself. Being young and free, you wanted to live your life the way you wanted and as you pleased. That's how I knew I would never have you and that I didn't own you.