Chapter 8

He looked up at both girls to see them staring ahead right at someone behind him. Quickly, he looked behind him to see Zenix and that made him smirk internally.

"Who are they?" The boy spoke, finally deciding to raise his voice after the silence. Aphmau had immediately recognised the boy and stared at Gene silently asking for an explanation.

"Guys, this is Aphmau and Melody. Aphmau and Melody, meet Zenix and Sasha." Gene had introduced them to each other awkwardly. Aphmau's eyes narrowed and she turned her back.

"I don't care." Aphmau stated and with those 3 words, she walked away. Melody just shook her head at them and silently followed behind Aphmau. When they were at a safe enough distance, they both just stood there with blank faces. Emotions ripped at the insides, wanting to tear away everything they had. Which they did and did successfully.

"Why? Why is it always us? It's never anybody else but us!" Melody whispered to herself as she curled up in a tight ball wanting to cry and scream, just let it all out her system. But she had refused to let single tear slip, as she had vowed to never be weak.

"It's like the walls are caving in on me, it's suffocating me." Aphmau whispered to herself but so quietly that Melody couldn't hear it. Yet she did and the teardrop slid down Melody's cheek and soon after that more tears had followed the lead.

"It's okay to cry, Mel. I'm here for you, we'll fight through this together." Aphmau had silently whispered to Melody, soothing her with the words that sounded as soft as silk. Oh, how badly Aphmau had just wanted to break down and cry but she had denied herself of that privilege; she wanted to put on a strong front for her younger sister.