Chapter 6

Today, they were touring Thiruvananthapuram. Keerti and Naksh slowly ran away from the group. 

Keerti: Are you ready for the surprise?

Naksh: Yes. But what is it?

Keerti called an auto and spoke something in Malayalam which Naksh could barely hear. She asked him to sit in the auto. They arrived at the railway station. Naksh was wholly confused. She took out two train tickets.

Naksh: Keerti, you are freaking me out. Where are we going?

Keerti: Kanyakumari!

Naksh: What?

Naksh's mind was blank.

Naksh: But we'll miss the cruise.

Keerti: Chill! The ship leaves the day after tomorrow. It's only a journey of 2 hours and 45 minutes.

Naksh was still in awe.

The train was starting to move. Naksh went and jumped onto the train and gave his hand to Keerti and pulled her in.

Keerti: This is such a DDLJ scene.

Naksh: You are showing me an Abbas-Mustan movie. I didn't expect these many shocks.

Keerti: Come on. I'm your wife. If you can give me surprises, so can I.

Naksh: But how will we travel there? Have you hired a tour guide?

Keerti chuckled.

Keerti: I know Kanyakumari inside out. We'll have a gala time.

Naksh nodded unsurely.

They went and sat on their seats.

Naksh: I am a little unsure though.

Keerti: It's necessary for everyone to come out of their comfort zone. Coming on an adventure trip such as this will help you find out your unknown capabilities.

Naksh nodded.

Keerti: Let's make this trip more interesting. We'll play 20 questions.

Naksh: Okay. I'll start. Your favorite color.

Keerti: Blue. Aquamarine to be more particular. Favourite festival.

Naksh: Diwali. Comfort food.

Keerti: Dal Bhati. Favorite sweet.

Naksh: Shrikhand. Dream holiday destination.

Keerti: Istanbul. What irritates you the most?

Naksh: People who crack their knuckles at inappropriate times. What irritates you the most?

Keerti: People who laugh at inappropriate times.

Keerti gave him a victory look while Naksh laughed sarcastically.

Soon they reached Kanyakumari.

Naksh and Keerti got an auto and went to a nearby hotel.

Naksh went into their room and collapsed onto the mattress.

Naksh: So what is the plan?

Keerti: We will have our lunch and go to the Vivekananda rock memorial. As far as I remember, we can go and see the Thiruvallavur statue as well. Then we will go to the wax museum. Then we will come back, have a cup of tea and take a bath. Then we will go to Arulmigu Bhagavathy  Amman Temple and watch the sunset.

Naksh was looking at her with awe as she rambled along with her plan.

Naksh: When did you plan all of this?