10

jeno woke up that morning with a goal.

a goal to talk his ex boyfriend that he technically never broke up with, but because of what happened, he naturally became his ex by default.

sure, it most definitely made jeno feel a certain type of way when he figured out that jaemin's memories of him were completely wiped. even if it was technically temporary, jeno couldn't help but get depressed.

the amount of memories they had made together from elementary school to senior year of high school were all gone and the raven haired male never wanted to kill himself more.

pain. that's all that he felt. a longing in his chest too, and feeling his heart ache every time he picked up his phone and saw the picture of jaemin he had as his lock screen.

flying out to la with his friends, the plane taking off right after they all found out why jaemin couldn't make it, was possibly the worst day of all of their lives.

that trip wasn't even fun. sure they took a few pictures, a little laughs were shared here and there, but overall, it just wasn't fun.

and though all four boys were completely devastated, jisung, renjun, and mark payed closer attention to jeno than each other because they were worried he'd do something he'd regret.

jeno wasn't a very stuck up person and or a sad one at that. he always lived the life of kings according to jisung cause he had it all.

a loving supporting dad, a nice car, paid off tuition by his dad, and not to mention a beautiful, loving, caring, perfect boyfriend.

and though he didn't lose much, he lost the one thing that meant a lot to him. maybe even a bit, just a tiny bit more than his dad.

that was na jaemin.

but maybe he could change that. maybe he could get jaemin back by taking him places that could jog his memory a little bit.

he prays it works. jeno doesn't even know how amnesia works in the slightest. he's basing his knowledge off of k-dramas he's watched.

though all jeno wanted was jaemin. whether it's as a friend or acquaintance.

having the boy remember him, even if it's just a little, would be enough to make him happy and bring him out of the deep hole he'd dug himself into of sadness, regret, and pain without even realizing it.

moving on, daily coffee was what jeno always needed to function right. sitting in classes with professor siwon, taeyeon, and changmin were tiring.

changmin was the one he didn't really have to worry about since he didn't give much work, it was siwon that was a nightmare.

jeno has a c in his sociology class. which isn't good cause doyoung would beat his ass since his brother was always so concerned about grades and if his brother was getting the education he needs.

it sucks, but it's uni. and jeno has always wanted to go to uni, and he promised he'd go with jaemin. he and jaemin made that promise when they were in third grade.

though the promise was kept, they didn't keep it together.

with a sigh, jeno pushed his way through the doors of the starbucks he was at currently, the fresh smell of ground coffee beans and fresh pastries invading his nose.

it was rather welcoming, and it was always the same every morning when he walked in at nine am.

his eyes wandered from people sitting and chatting, to others hurriedly typing on their macbooks to complete an essay that was due that day.