27.5

"you wanted to explain something to me, right?" jaemin says as he and jeno walk up the park's trail.

jeno sighs with a nod, his hands buried deep inside the pockets of his dark green hoodie. "yeah. i guess, i sat on it for a while, my brother and my friends were the ones who pushed me."

"towards what?"

there's a small pause as jeno gnaws on the inside of his cheeks, his fingers fiddling around with the assortment of rings he had placed upon them.

jaemin looks at jeno worriedly before placing a hand onto his shoulder, "you don't have to tell me if you really don't want to, you know? whenever you're ready."

the ravenette shakes his head as well as jaemin's hand off of his shoulder, "no. i can't back out now, i've waited too long..." he mutters stopping in his tracks abruptly. jaemin stops along with him curious to what he was going on about.

they were currently in the middle of a garden on flowers, they would wilt sooner or later, but as of now, they were beautiful shades of the rainbow.

it's not like they hadn't been in this specific area before. there was a time when they were in 7th grade that they came running to this specific part of the park.

maybe that's what's causing jaemin's headache at that specific moment.

his eyes are trained on jeno, but he sees a different version of him. a smaller version. he looked about 12, and jaemin gulps before rapidly placing a hand to his temple as if he had been shot there.

"jaemin— jaemin are you okay??" comes jeno's frantic voice and jaemin tries to nod as the throbbing in his head continues. "fine, i'm fine.."

the honey haired boy takes in a sharp breath, shutting his eyes tightly as another wave of pain and images fill his head.

another vision of jeno running through the flowers and getting scolded by a security guard as well as him placing a daisy in the crook between jeno's ear and head come rushing in.

from the pain in his head comes a throb in his chest. what was this? what was he seeing? he had never seen jeno's face in his memories so clearly until that specific moment for every time he had prior to that, they had all come out as blurs.

jaemin knew he and jeno were connected in the past. but as what? friends? brothers? lovers, maybe? he likes to lean toward the last option though, but he can never be sure unless jeno speaks up about it.

"jaem, i think we need to get back to the—"

"j-jeno, are your favorite flowers daisies?"

there's a look of pure shock on jeno's face when jaemin asks the question. he can't begin to form words.

he was speechless, but thankfully, jaemin didn't let it go dead silent as he kept blabbering.

"you got chased by officer choi... i put a flower in your hair, right? that was here, right? that was YOU right???" his eyes open again and he's met with jeno's that're wide open.

jeno stares back at him. and renjun's words run through his head as he does,

how're you so confident that you'll get his memories back if you don't take him anywhere or tell him anything?? do you expect them to just poof up into his brain without giving him a basis??  you have two months, jen. that... that won't be enough time if you keep acting like this.

so he gulps and nods in response, "yes... that was me. we came here before seventh grade started to enjoy the last day of summer. i got scolded because i was trying to get you your favorite flower that was deep inside the garden."