Chapter 1:

--Reader's POV--

You glared angrily, eyes scouting out the source of the very frustrating beeping. Your alarm clock.

5:30 already?!

Your body screamed as you stood, aching muscles pulling you back down into the hard mattress you referred to as your bed.

Lovely.

Sore and tired.

Just perfect.

Showering and throwing on your work uniform, you quickly dashed out the door to the bus stop.

Stupid winter.

Stupid snow.

Stupid bus.

Stupid work...

You didn't hate your job, even though it required a freezing and bumpy bus ride at 7 o'clock each morning. You did however hate your boss. Madeline. Shivers ran down your spine as you glanced at the fogged watch on your pale wrist.

Crap.. 7:15? Let's hope Madeline's out with Max again...

You were actually quite fond of your blonde managers boyfriend, Max. He was funny and cute with perfectly tanned skin and beautiful brown eyes. His eyes always amazed you, the golden color stretching out from the pupil to mix with the darker tone of his eyes always stood out more when he wore black.

Arriving at the bus stop near your work you found Madeline's car was missing.

Out with Max...

should I be relieved or sad?

You frowned slightly, making your way to the door. You worked at a local bookstore named 'Paper Barn'. Considering it was the closest bookstore in town, it did pretty well and the pay was enough to keep a roof over your head and real food in your fridge.

Tyler and Hannah, your lovely friends and co-workers, glanced up from the counter as you entered.

"Sorry (y/n), you were late so me and Ty called counter shifts today." Hannah said, fake guilt edging her tone.

You chuckled and rubbed your sore back. Oh yeah, forgot to mention. This happened often. You'd be late, your friends would cover for you, and you'd get stuck lifting heavy boxes of books all day.

"Gee thanks guys!" You said, chuckling quietly with your friends.

"Well chop chop then (y/n)!" Tyler joked, "Put that enthusiasm to work!"

Rolling your eyes you hung up the thin jacket you'd worn here and headed to the back of the shop.

___________________________________________

A bit short but that's all you get for this chapter since i didn't wanna do a time skip to what happens next ;)