Chapter 2:

--Reader's POV--

Grimacing, you grabbed a shelf and used it to pull yourself off the ground, almost crying out in pain when your back popped loudly.
"Ouch." You groaned, picking up the empty cardboard box that had recently held books.
Spotting a hooded man sitting at one of the tables you walked slowly by, not that you could go any faster with the state you were in. Peeking over his shoulder you saw a deep blue colored book called 'Frosted Hearts'.
You'd only read part of that book before you'd lost it on your way to work one day. It was pretty good if you'd remembered correctly.
The man stiffened, as if recognizing your presence, turning his head ever so slightly. His face was hidden in shadows but tufts of silky brown hair hung lose, sticking clearly out of his hood.
Your eyes stared endlessly into the shadows concealing his face. You felt he was staring back at you, your eyes locked in some sort of weird staring contest in which you couldn't see your opponent to ensure he wasn't cheating. You mentally scolded yourself for staring, walking quickly away from the man. His gaze burnt into your back as you walked away in the direction of the back of the store. The hairs on the back of your neck stood, goosebumps appearing on your arms and legs. You glanced behind you.
The man tilted his head ever so slightly, the light now catching his face... Or, it would have had he had a face.
Your brain refused to function, breath catching, legs freezing in place, arms barely gripping onto the empty box.
He stood slowly, head titled enough to catch the light on his terrifying mask.
Blue with two bleeding, or so it seemed from this distance, eyes.
He pulled up enough of the mask to show a grey bottom half of a face, adorning two darker grey lips and a sharp toothed smirk. That mouth was engraved into your mind. It was devious and full of intent.
With a blink he was sitting again, face turned away.
You stilled couldn't breath and felt your chest aching. Making your way quickly to the stores supply room you collapsed against the door as soon as it shut. You pulled your knees to your heaving chest and buried your face away, attempting to muffle your quickly slowing panting.
Cool air stirred your hair and you felt an overwhelming sense of dread overcome you. Picking up your heavy head you were instantly met with that stupid mask. It's eyes- or holes, seemed to glare down at you, rather harshly.
He let out a dark, raspy chuckle and lifted your chin with his cold finger. He had bent down to your size so his mask looked down to your own. Shivering your felt a tear run down your now paled face.
"I'm going to kill you." He whispered in a deep tone that made your cheeks flush red instantly.
"So innocent." He fake pouted, shoulders shaking roughly in a dry chuckled, "It' a shame. I bet you'll taste... delicious..." He purred.
You blinked and he was gone.