Chapter 3

Queen Ruby thought it be best that I stay the night in the kingdom. I agreed and she showed me to a room that was custom made for another firescales that use to work for Queen Scarlet. After the queen left, I took a look around the room and saw that I could sleep in here and not worry about the place up in flames. I began to dose off to sleep and a realization came to me, I am not the only firescales after all.

The next morning was unlike any I have any I have ever experienced. I am not used to waking up and enjoying the sunlight and the sounds of birds, usually I wake up to a dark and silent morning on an uncomfortable rock. I exit my room and make my way to the throne room to see if Ruby had any news on my parents. Right before I walk in, the young one-what was his name-Cliff stepped in front of me. "You are very strange looking." he said to me with curiosity on his face. In an act of friendship I thought it would be best to try and practice making friends (even if they are about half my size). "Well to me, you are the funny looking one." I said humorously and that made him look at himself as if something were wrong with him and he didn't know it. He then looked up and asked, "Are you looking for someone?" I answered, "Yes, I am looking for my Skywing parent". He started to walk off but he then turned around as if he wanted me to follow, so I did. We walked through the castle and he took me to a Skywing ambassador's room.

Cliff opened the door for me and said, "You look like her in your eyes." and with that he ran off. More confused than ever, I walked into the room and saw several scrolls all labeled and alphabetized. I carefully looked at each rack and saw that most of them were conversations between dragons of high authority. Just as I began to grow fascinated with this dragon's work, a sharp voice rang behind me at the entrance, "Who are you! What do you think you are doing"! I turn around to see a furious Skywing scowling at me like she wanted my head on the side of the Icewing wall. "Please don't kill me, Cliff wanted me to meet who ever this room belongs to." I begged. She walked closer to me with caution in her mind. She got close to me and was about to touch my face when I looked her straight in the eyes warning her. "You-your eyes....they are jus-just like mine!" she spoke with confusion and shock. She then saw my wing bands and gasped, "You are the hybrid looking for your Skywing parent." I nodded and replied, "Yes, have you seen him...or her"?

I stood in silence for about five minutes as she paced back and forth, mumbling and tearing up about something that she obviously had been hiding for a long time. She finally spoke in a low voice, "Geyser?" I flinched at the name because we never made introductions. "I am Robin, I am your mother." my jaw fell wide open at the joy, surprise, fear, and ease that I just found my mother. "I have so many questions to ask...why did yo- where did yo- wait no...." I stumbled to try and get the words out of my mouth with way to many questions bouncing around in my skull. She then reassured me that she would answer all my questions. For the next hour or so, we talked about why they left and she explained that both of them had hoped to see me.

"My you have grown up. I wish I could keep you, but I feared that you would die if I did. But that is behind us, and now we can be together." she happily said. I had to correct her of this reality, "Actually, I want to find my Father too". She perked up, almost forgetting about her own mate. "Of course, silly me. How could I forget the love of my life? We haven't been able to meet since we had you, but you can change all of that. I won't say his name because that is for him to do, but your father is one of Queen Coral's royal guards." she notified. I was a little aggravated that she didn't tell me his name to make it easier to find him, but I understand why she didn't.

We decided to head to the throne room and notify Ruby of my departure. Once we made it to the throne room I walked straight to Cliff and said, "Thank you Cliff. You helped me find my mother." the dragonet smiled. I decided to give him something to thank him. I looked around and saw a sword against the wall. I took it in my talons and let it glow red hot before bending it and twisting it in to a shape. I have always been a creative dragon so it took no time to finish his gift. After it cooled, I tossed it to Cliff so that I wouldn't burn it before he received it. He caught it and was happy to see a model dragon that looked like him. Ruby smiled and we exchanged thanks. I blew a kiss to my mother before spreading my wings to take flight into the sky.

My mentors always said that firescales was a curse, but I have found a way to do more good than harm with my gift. As I flew through the sky, It began to rain. I loved these times, because if it rains hard enough, I cool down long enough to feel the rain on my scales...to feel what every other dragon feels when it rains. I felt this joy would never end, but then I had this weird feeling in the pit of my stomach, that something was about to happen. It didn't feel right.