The Jackass has more than two brain cells?

Jackson Whittemore has more brain cells than Daire gave him credit for. She currently was sitting in the hall of the police station while Scott and Stiles were in a room with both their parents, Jackson, and his father. Discussing the punishment equal to their 'abducting' and 'holding against the will'  of a Mr. Jackson Jackass Whittemore.

Which all in all meant restraining order.

To be honest Daire was surprised that she wasn't included in Jackson and his father's punishment, but that just meant that the jackass was learning, or that despite what he said he knew that something wasn't right with his transformation and wanted to stay as safe as possible. Which meant staying as far away from Daire's family he could get. 

Which worked for her. 

🌙

Daire was still sitting up against the wall when Scott, Stiles, and the adults came out.  Both of her friends were being chewed out by their parents and Daire felt relieved and a bit jealous at the same time. Sure it was great that Jackson hadn't included her in the restraining order because that meant both he and she could avoid her family. But seeing Stiles and Scott get yelled at for being stupid showed that they cared , and Daire knew for a fact that her family didn't.

"I'm grounding you," Mrs. McCall proclaimed to Scott. "You are grounded."

Scott sighed. "Well what about work?"

"Fine, other that work. And no TV," she replied.

Stiles walked over, his own lecture finished and stood next to Daire, waiting for Scott's punishment to be decided.

"The TV's broken," Scott sighed.

Mrs. McCall groaned. "Then no computer."

"I need the computer for school."

"Then no uh," she began before looking back at Stiles and Daire. "No Stiles."

Stiles looked flabbergasted. "What? No Stiles?"

"No Stiles!" she yelled.

Daire couldn't help the smile that tugged at her lips, leave it to Stiles to make a bad situation funnier.

"And no more car privileges. Give me your keys."

Scott dug in his pocket before fishing out the key ring. Mrs. McCall snatched them from his hands. She began struggling to pull the car key from the right. Daire knew from expirence that key rings were a pain in the ass to figure out, but Mrs. McCall seemed to be getting more annoyed the more she fumbled with it.

"Mom," Scott started, trying to take it from her and do it himself. He had a pain stricken look on his face as she just brushed him off.

"No."

"Mom," Scott said again, putting his hands over hers to stop the shaking. She didn't look up at him and Daire knew that that's what upset her friend the most. Not that his mom was angry at him, but that she was disappointed.

"What's up with you?" she asked suddenly. "Is this because of Allison?"

"Do you really want to know?" Scott asked, blinking his eyes a couple of times.

"Is this about your father? It is, isn't it?"

Daire's eyes widened, she knew that Scott's father wasn't around but nothing more than that. But everyone has some family drama that they don't want to talk about, Scott was no exception.

"Okay," Mrs. McCall began, dabbing her eyes. "We'll talk about this at home. I'll go and um, get the car." Mrs. McCall turned around and walked out of the building into the parking lot, leaving Scott, Stiles and Daire.

"I'm the worst son ever," Scott muttered while looking at the floor.

"Yeah, well, I'm not winning any prizes either," Stiles sighed.

Daire sighed and ran a hand through her hair, "At least you have people at home who care." 

With that Daire left her friends to be collected by their parents.

🌙

Daire walked into the little bookshop, eyes locked on the back isle marked 'Teen Fiction'. She had found this place when walking around town with Lydia and Allison and it had become her favorite escape. 

Daire waved at Nora the owner, as she walked to the back isles. Nora was an elderly woman who owned the shop with her husband. They were adorable together and both were book lovers just like Daire, and boy did they love to feed her hunger for books with amazing literary reads. 

Daire weaved in and out of isles, fingers trailing over the spines of books looking for a new interesting read. Pulling out a 'teen fiction' book with a girl in a red kimono on the cover, Daire sat down on the ground already reading the opening pages and being transported into a shrine in Japan.

That's why Daire loved books so much, they were an escape. Sure the bookstore was a physical escape for Daire, but books were her escape since before she could go off on her own. Books let her forget about hunting and being her family's "perfect little weapon". They let Daire just be Daire, a young girl desperate for adventure, friendship, and love. 

Fully transfixed by the book but brought back to reality by her phone, blaring with notifications from her Uncle to come back home. Daire got up from the floor and grabbed the rest of the series. 

She walked up to Nora and payed for the books and wished her friend goodnight. Before walking out the door and back to whatever shit pot that was stirring back home.

Books are powerful things, they can be an escape but they can also be teachers. They can teach readers to believe in themselves, that love is a magical thing and they can teach them right from wrong.

And Daire is a good reader.

🌙

I'M NOT DEAD AND I COME BARING AN UPDATE!!! I'M SO SORRY THAT I TOOK FOREVER TO PUBLISH A NEW UPDATE...I KINDA LOST MOTIVATION BUT I REALLY WANNA CONTINUE WRITING DAIRE AND HAVE HER CONTINUE TO GROW AND BECOME THE BEST DAIRE SHE CAN BE. SO I HOPE YOU ALL ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER AND BE PREPARED FOR MORE TO COME...ESPECIALLY ONES WITH DAIRE AND ISAAC...WONDER WHAT WILL HAPPEN THERE? AS ALWAYS PLEASE VOTE AND LEAVE COMMENTS I LOVE READING THEM AND I PROMISE TO REPLY IF YOU LEAVE QUESTIONS!!!!!