Bandaids and Hallucinatory Drugs

☾☾ Trigger Warning: mentions of self-harm, if you do not feel comfortable reading further, please DM me for paragraphs/portions to avoid or a summary of the chapter. Please stay safe, all my love ☾☾

Daire's gaze shifted between Isaac's bunched up shirt pressed against her wrist and the illuminated CVS sign outside her passenger window. Daire smiled a bit to herself, Isaac had snuck into her room to find her crying, bleeding, and blaming herself for her aunt's death. And instead of sneaking out the way he came in, he rushed to stop the bleeding and her tears. He comforted her, in a way that no one had ever done before. 

He didn't ask any questions, he just held her until she stopped shaking and crying. Then he took off his shirt, commanding her to hold it against her wrist before grabbing her purse off her desk and making sure that it had her car keys and her wallet. At the time Daire was too dazed to comprehend what he was doing but now she couldn't help but smile. Isaac snuck her out of her house and drove to the nearest pharmacy, Daire wondered if he even considered that her wrist would heal on its own, or if he was just too concerned at the moment to even think of that possibility.

 Once they pulled up at the CVS Isaac grabbed a hoodie that Scott had left in her car and entered the store, telling Daire to stay in the car. Daire glanced at the bunched up shirt she held against her left forearm, she lifted it a little and saw that the cut did not in fact heal and was still bleeding a little. She pressed the shirt back down and decided that she owed Isaac a new one. 

Suddenly the door to the driver's seat opened and Isaac sat down holding a plastic bag, "let me see your arm," he said as he closed the door and rifled through the bag pulling out what looked to be bandaids and Neosporin. 

"You didn't have to do this you know," Daire said as she held her arm out to him, Isaac just looked up at her above the box of bandaids sardonically, "I mean it's just a cut, it'll heal on its own..." Daire tapered off and looked down at her lap, "they all do."

She felt his warm hand against her wrist, "shut up," Daire looked up at him surprised that his voice sounded harsher than normal, "you might be okay with just leaving it," he unscrewed the tube of Neosporin and applied it to her arm, "but I'm not." 

Daire's eyes widened, "thank you" 

Isaac nodded and opened the box of bandaids, pulling one out and opening it. They fell into a comfortable silence as Isaac finished bandaging her arm. Even after he finished he still held onto her left wrist, his thumb slowly rubbing over the bandaid and the other healed scars on her wrist. 

"Can," Isaac started and paused, clearing his throat, "can I ask about the scars?"

Daire looked over at him, his eyes on the bandaid under his thumb and she could feel his nervousness. 

"Yes, you can ask."

Isaac raised his head and looked over at her and Daire gave him a small smile, just a little tug at the corner of her lips, "it's kinda a long story though."

Isaac's grip on her wrist tightened, "It's okay, I'll listen."

Daire nodded, "you know how I don't have a good relationship with my family?" she asked.

Isaac nodded, "you've mentioned it before, you've told me that you didn't have a good relationship with your mom and you also said that you were raised to be a weapon?"

"Ever since I was little, it was me and my mom. We didn't have the greatest relationship but I figured she loved me. The rest of my family or I guess I should say, Hunters, however, didn't. When I got older I figured that they didn't like whoever my dad was and so they didn't like me. They never treated me like family, like how they treat Alison," Daire paused to take a breath, and Isaac lightly squeezed her hand reassuringly.