•Chapter Three•

•New day, Lots of mistakes•

"Mistakes have the power to turn you into something better than you were before."

☁️ ☁️ ☁️ ☁️ ☁️ ☁️

'You're going to give school another chance, and you're going to be fine (Y/N).' That's what you kept telling yourself on your way to school. Maybe if you hadn't arrived a day late to the new school year, you probably would've had an easier time making friends. Or maybe not. Wow, you just realized you doubt yourself a lot.

      You were trying to come up with ways to apologize to Gilbert, but it was really hard. You were so rude to him! How could he ever forgive you?

      As you were spacing out, you bumped into a back, again. And a familiar one too. It was the one and only, Gilbert Blythe.

      'Wait! I'm not ready to speak to him yet! I haven't even come up with how I'm going to make it up to him.'

      "(Y/N)! Hey, how are you?" Gilbert smiled at you, extending his arm to put his hand on your shoulder.

        You were nervous, to say the least. You didn't know what to say? Should you apologize now or afterwards? Oh no, he's staring at you and waiting for a response. Answer him (Y/N)!

         Your face got beet red as you started stumbling on your words, "Gilbert! Hi, um.. I'm... I'm fine! Ha ha." You were sweating. You honestly needed to calm down, what you did to him wasn't nearly as bad as to what was going to happen to him later on during class.

        'Should I ask him if he's good too? What am I supposed to say! Think of something, come on stupid brain!'

        "I have.. have to get to school. Bye." You should've apologized (Y/N)! That was the perfect opportunity!

          'I got nervous!'

You heard him calling you as you ran past him, but you didn't bother to listen. You didn't want Josie Pye to find out you were talking to Gilbert, again (and possibly have her ruin your life).

But you still had to find a way to apologize to him. Maybe you could write him a letter? Yes! That would be perfect, and that's the first thing you're going to do when you get home. Oh! You could also give him some sweets! Sweets always help.

You finally got to the schoolhouse and on time too! You heard the school bell ring loudly and you quickly ran inside.