Part 39

20th November 1979
Brian's POV
"Are you sure you'll be alright with him?" I asked and Mum nodded, "he's no trouble at all and it's not long, I'm sure you'll have time to call him" she said and I nodded, "yeah, maybe when we get there I can talk with him" I said and scooped Jimmy up as he came into the room.

"Alright baby, I want you to be good for Nana and Gramps, I'm gonna be gone for a few days but you can always talk to me on the phone" I said and brushed a little curl out of his face. His hair was starting to go curly like mine because it was growing out but I doubted it would ever get to the stage of being a huge mane like mine.

He looked at me and puckered his lips, "kissie" he said and I gave him a little kiss on the lips, "alright, Daddy's gotta go now and I'll see you in a few days" I said and he hugged me then kissed my cheek before I put him down. I gave Mum a hug and she kissed all of my face, "I'm gonna miss you these next two days, keep safe Brian" she said and I hummed as I gave her one last hug.

"I'll be back before you know it" I said and she smiled as I made my way out to the car, "if you need me, you have the hotel's number so just ring and ask for me" I said and Mum nodded, "okay, speak to you soon" she said and I nodded before I got into the car and drove off to the airport. I had the radio on and was singing along all the way there then found a parking space and wheeled my suitcase to the meeting point.

I joined Fred's little group and all of them were very friendly until Freddie shut them all up and pulled me off to one side, "tell me what's wrong" he said and I fumbled with the key ring in my pocket. "Nothing's wrong, I'm fine" I said and went to walk past him but he grabbed my shoulders and kept me in place, "why didn't you come with Roger then? And why has he gone off to the toilets sobbing?"

"He-what?" I asked and Fred looked at me, "you heard, what happened?" He said and I felt myself getting a bit nervous, "he was cheating. Like a few weeks ago he said he was going for a walk and when he called me, he was with a woman! And then I caught them holding hands and he can't explain what he's doing" I rushed through everything then tried to get out of that conversation.

"Nuh-uh, you're not going anywhere" Freddie said and kept a grip on my arm, "he cheated on you... you're gonna love us then." He smiled nervously and looked back to see that Roger had come out with John but was still crying, "we've booked you rooms together, I'm sorry! We didn't know but I'm sure we can sort it out" Freddie said and I wanted the Earth to swallow me up.

I'd have to spend the next month living in hotels with him.

"I hope you can, he'll kill me before we've even got in there if we're sharing a room" I said and Freddie nodded before John came over and took him off somewhere. I sat on the curb and waited for someone to tell me it was time to go inside but it seemed like an age until finally someone came up to me.

"Brian? Um, we have a little problem" a man said and I looked up to see Gerry crouched in front of me, "we can't get any other rooms so you'll have to share with Roger. Will you be alright or do you want to pair with someone else?" He asked and I looked at the other three then back at him, "I'll take what you're giving me, I might come in one day with a black eye but I'll take it"

"I'm sure he won't do that to you but if he does, we'll arrange for you to stay with someone else" he said and I nodded before he got up and went back over to the group. "Alright, head on inside, we're allowed to board!" Someone shouted and everyone rushed for the doors but I stayed back and took my time.

They got us onto the plane for the flight and everyone got comfortable with their little groups and families but I was sat on my own. I watched Roger join John on the other side of the aisle and thanked God in my head that he didn't come and sit with me, I didn't want to be anywhere near him!