5 - (o)

the girl // city and colour
(this song really fits their relationship perfectly so if you never listen to the songs i put on the chapters, i suggest listening to this one)

I stuffed my navy blue carry on bag into the compartment above where I would be sitting on the flight from Nashville to Los Angeles. I was upset that I had left Austin. But I knew he'd do great and I wouldn't have to worry about that.

I scooted across the chair on the outside to the seat next to the window. I was lucky in that aspect. I loved window seats. Soon, the seat beside me was occupied by another person. I was thankful it was someone young because the times I've had to sit with an older person, they have been so rude.

As the flight finally took off after what seemed like forever of other people boarding, I plugged in my earbuds to my phone, only putting my left earbud in. I reached into my purse and pulled out Eleanor & Park.

It had been a while since I had read this book and quite frankly, I was excited. This copy was worn and torn from the three years I've spent reading it.

"That's my favorite book," The guy next to me said. I barely heard him but looked up to meet his gaze. He was giving me a welcoming smile.

"I really love it," I nodded to him and then looked back down, continuing to read.

"Have you read it before?" He asked me. I sighed. It was great that he was trying to be nice but I was trying to get this four and a half hour flight over with quickly.

"Probably over a thousand times," I chuckled. I continued reading as he smiled at me.

"I'm Quinten," he stuck his hand out at me to shake it. I cut my eyes over to him. I closed my book, placing a finger on the page where I was to hold it.

"Olivia," I said, taking his hand. I shook it and then placed my hand in my lap.

"Oh, I know who you are," he nodded. What? Why would he know who I was? "You're Post Malone's girlfriend, right?"

"Yeah," I laughed at him. It was strange that people knew who I was. I didn't quite like it.

"No use in me flirting now then," he sighed. Flirting? Uh no. Just because we talked about our favorite book did not mean we were flirting.

"Yeah, guess not," I raised my eyebrows and continued reading, trying to ignore him. What a strange guy.

"So if you're his girlfriend, why are you flying alone? No security?" He questioned and I thought it was pretty creepy. But his face looked harmless and genuinely curious. I decided to lie anyways.

"I do have security," I looked at him and then giggled. "They just aren't dressed in black with an earpiece."

"That's good, you really do need security," he nodded to me. Maybe I did. Because he was being weird. Or maybe just really nice.

"So, are you just visiting L.A.?" I asked him. I decided to be nice. It was a long flight so I might as well make a friend.

"No," he shook his head. "I live there. I'm in a band."

"Oh, nice!" I nodded. "You any good?"

"I like to think so," he shrugged. I smiled. "What about you?"

"Uh, yeah I live there, too," I nodded. "I'm in college for journalism now."

"UCLA?" He asked me. I shook my head.

"USC," I replied. He nodded to me.

The conversations were flowing now. He was really nice and just trying to get through the flight like I was.

Liked by itzrandyyy, harker

Liked by itzrandyyy, harker.pummel, and 1,001 others
ol1v1a.mcne1l Got my bad babies by my heavenly side.
itzrandyyy i look disgusting, delete !
harker.pummel ^ i look badass, keep up !
postmalone kinda pissed i'm not the one who took this
ol1v1a.mcne1l @postmalone Shoulda been there, huh?
42 minutes ago

After I had gotten home from the airport, Parker, Izzy, Randy, Taylor, and I had went out for dinner. It was kinda depressing feeling like the third wheel. Or the fifth wheel, rather. But as the night went on, I didn't mind. I knew Austin was making all five of us proud.

I watched as all four of them played Just Dance. I smiled, still out of breath from my last turn with Izzy. I looked at the time, seeing that it was 10:00pm already meaning it was 1:00am where Austin was.

I got off of the couch and walked upstairs to my room that used to be Austin's. I laid on my bed and looked through my recent calls, pressing Austin's name when the screen popped up. I clicked the FaceTime button and was soon connected.

"Hey, baby!" Austin smiled through the phone as I smiled back even wider. I missed him already and it had only been a few hours.

"Hi," I said quietly. He made my stomach turn. In a good way.

"What did you do tonight?" He asked, putting his arm behind his head as he laid in his hotel room bed.

"All of us went out to eat. Then we came back and started playing drunk Just Dance," I shook my head playfully.

"Sounds like an eventful night," he smiled at me, fixing his hair quickly.

"Not as eventful as yours," I told him, rolling onto my back. "How was the show?"

"Amazing," He gushed. "Atlanta was amazing. You would've loved it."

"I bet," I said to him as I fixed my hair this time. "I'm proud of you."

"I know you are," he nodded, closing his eyes for a second. "That's what keeps me going."

"You need to get to bed," I told him. "It's late there."

"Yes ma'am," he chuckled, saluting me. I laughed a little and then looked at him. "I can't wait to see you again. I miss you so much already."

"I miss you, too," I sighed. "But you're doing great things and it's worth it."

"I know," he nodded, adjusting his phone. "But it's not worth losing you."

"Austin, no one said you were losing me," I sat up, worried why he was thinking that.

"I feel distant," He shook his head. "Maybe because I am distant. I'm more than a thousand miles away."

"It's okay," I nodded my head at him. "We have FaceTime."

He didn't say anything for a minute. He just looked at me. I couldn't say I minded, I'm always in awe of him.

"I tried to keep my cool about us being apart," he shook his head. "But I am so terrified."

"I love you, Austin," I said after a second of silence. "More than all of the stars in the galaxy."

"I love you, Olivia," he beamed at me. "More than all of the stars in the universe."