37 - (o)

love someone // lukas graham

I really think yesterday hurt me more than it did Austin. That was so selfish of me to say, I know. I couldn't quite pinpoint why I felt that way but I was broken, and I had to try to hold it together for him.

I shook it off and continued getting for the dinner that was planned with my parents. Austin said he needed to be around family and so he called my dad to ask if it would be okay to have dinner. I didn't think it was the best idea considering my mom still wasn't the biggest fan of Austin. But even so, she agreed to come. And I know that means the world to Austin.

"Are you almost ready?" Austin asked as he walked into the bathroom. I turned around and smiled at him, turning back to the mirror soon after.

"Just let me finish my hair," I said, pinning my hair back with bobby pins, shaking the bottom. I turned around and nodded at Austin.

We walked downstairs and Austin grabbed his keys and wallet before we headed out the door. Austin opened the car door for me and I got in. I waited for him to walk around and do the same.

As we pulled out of the driveway, I looked over at Austin. He seemed emotionless which upset me. I turned up the music that was playing through the bluetooth hooked up to his phone.

"I think I made it 'cause I'm always smiling, and you are the reason now," The music played. Austin smiled finally. "Girl, I can't explain it. It's all in the timing, I had to get low."

I smiled back at him and grabbed his hand. He looked over at me and then lifted our hands to his lips, kissing the back of my hand softly. My stomach turned. In a good way.

"Thanks for being my real family, Olivia," he said quietly, just loud enough for me to barely hear him. "You'll always mean the most."

Liked by postmalone, itzrandyyy, and 2,899 others ol1v1a

ol1v1a.mcne1l Dinner is better with the girls. Love my mama. 💖
postmalone two beautiful women.
username1 omg i see where you get your looks from 😍
itzrandyyy MAMA SI. what a bad bitch.
ol1v1a.mcne1l @itzrandyyy She truly is killing it.
53 minutes ago

As we sat at the table with my mom and dad, Austin picked at his food, not really eating. My dad finally spoke up.

"Son, what's going on?" He asked Austin and Austin looked up. "You've never asked us to come to dinner and now you won't even talk. It's unlike you. I know something's up."

"Just needed to be around family," He shrugged. My mom looked at me apologetically and it upset me. I hated seeing him like this.

"Austin, you can talk to them," I rubbed his shoulder and he looked up at me. "They know how to do this, the parenting thing."

"Um, I seen my dad," he said. My mom and dad looked at each other. They knew he didn't have anything to do with him so it came as a shock. "I really don't know why I agreed to it because it's not like I forgive him."