The Scarlet Honour.

Prologue.

Love; A four lettered word that when said in a three word phrase can mean the world, too some people. Clearly not me.

''But Brooke, I love you so m-''

Freeze. Here is where i stand looking awkward and think about what too say.

''Theo wait, I dont think i feel the same.'' I said softly, whilst gently unclasping my love heart bracelet he had given me a month before my birthday.

I took his hand and unclenched his tanned fist, gently placing the bracelet in his hand.

''Was there someone else?'' He mumbled avoiding my gaze.

I shook my head before turning away, wiping a stray tear that was now lying on my blush cheek.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

''Your love, your love, is my drug!'' i screeched in time with my iPod. Cant beat a bit of Kesha on the first day back at school. Year 11, again. My second retake after being held back twice. I don't have the best reputation at my school. Being one of the oldest in my year, by two years, means i also don't have many friends. I'm 17. technically i should be in my second year of college but with my attitude i've been held back. Twice. But this year it's time for a change. I thought after throwing on my black skinny jeans and my grey ''bite me'' t-shirt i set off for school.

************************************************************************************************************

As i exited my Audi R8 expecting the amount of stares my new car was getting. Considering I'm one of the only students old enough too legally drive in the UK. Oh and the fast i have a bad-ass car!

Walking into the school corridoors and up the stairs to my locker i was instantly greeted by a huge bear hug.

''Brooke! I missed you!'' Squealed Madi whilst still suffocating me.

''Mads, Cant, Breathe.''

''Ohh, sorry.'' She quickly released me from her grip and gave me a sheepish grin.

Madi and Luke are my only friends here at Eastside Academy and are eighteen and my partners in crime.Luke stood awkwardly too the side of Madi until she elbowed him in the ribs.

''Hey Madi'' He said rubbing the back of his neck. A habit he does when he is shy or put under pressure.

''Get over here.'' I said as he hesitantly stepped closer too me.

Luke is Madi's twin brother and my other best friend. Last year we tried too date but after a month of awkwardness we decided that we shared a more brotherly/sisterly love. I guess that's why he's feeling slightly shy?

Just as we pulled away from our hug the bell rang signalling the beginning of form.

''Come on guys, we had best get too form. I actually want to graduate this year.'' I stated seriously.

Madi laughed and her face stilled as she realised i wasn't joking. ''Your serious?'' She asked seeming shocked at my change of attitude towards school, and punctuality in general. ''Oh, Dear sweet Jesus. Good luck.'' She said before turning and walking towards our form signalling me and Luke to follow slightly behind.

As we reached our arrival at our form room 25 we were hit by the smell of smoke signalling Bunsen burners were on, being used too heat the old chilly science room.

''Brooke, Luke, Madi. I see you have finally decided too grace us with your royal presence. Sit.'' Miss Jamieson said barking orders as if talking too a dog.

As we sat she continued on with the register before handing out our new timetables and leaving the class of 31 too chat quietly until the bell rang signalling the beginning of the first lesson.