Chapter 2

Why is it always me? Every year I make a new enemy, this year it seems its going to be Penelope Jones, head cheerleader, and Annabelle Heat, vice head cheerleader. Both with their ity-bitty waists and spidery long legs. Perfectly suited with their poofy hair, short skirts and low cut tops. Both dumber than dirt.

''What was that all about?'' My trusty sidekick Madi asked with a smirk, ''Still got her knickers in a twist from first period?'' She laughed.

''Yup, seems as if i have a new nemesis. This ones even thicker than Ebony.'' I stated proudly. Ebony was my arch nemisis from last year, in the years before year eleven we were all best friends, me, Madi, Luke and Ebony. The fantastic four. Until the summer of year 10, when she quickly developed and took more attention to boys, especially the boys on the football team - why they have a football team in raining England i dont know- in particular Zach Levingstone, captain of the football team, and lead striker. He was a jerk, everyone knew it, but once Ebony gained a little cleaveage she was Zach's next play-toy. By this time Luke had, had a huge crush on her for about 3 years, yet she just blanked him, and blanked me and Madi when we tried to warn her that Zach was just a player. Obviously she didn't listen to us and started dating him at the begining of last year eleven. She joined the in crowd and became the ultimate queen bee and decided to target me and Madi and try to make our lives hell. We showed her revenge.

''Thicker than Ebony? Shocker. It's a shame though don't you think, I mean Ebony was a great friend until  Zach came along.'' Madi spoke quietly, obviously upset about the rivalry than had happened last year.

''Just forget about her Mads we'll probably never see her again.'' I said trying too cheer her up even though i completely disagreed with her thoughts on Ebony.

''Yeah your right, are you gonna eat that?'' She asked gesturing to my untouched mac and cheese that was sitting on the table.

''Nah go ahead, Im gonna hit the library, I need too see Miss Conner. Catch ya later.'' I waved and stood up giving her no chance to reply to my farewell.

On my arrival at the ''Learing Resource Centre'' a.k.a. the library, I was greeted by Miss Conner, who is probably the youngest teacher at the school and is only a few years older than me. We tend to get on very well together, and she treats me like a younger sister. She does look uncannily like me aswell.  Fierey red hair, and a temper to match.

''Brooke! I was wondering when you'd wander in and see your big old sister!'' See.

''I'm here now Mandy!'' I shouted too her across the room, We just called each other by our first names because we were just like family anyway.

''Not soon enough!'' She sang as she skipped from one side of the LRC to the other where I was stood looking at the crime and horror books.

''Stephen King, eh? Thought of you as a more Kathy Kely girl if i'm being honest.'' She joked with a smirk on her face as she gave me a sidewards hug. ''Just joking good too see ya girl.''

Murrmurs errupted and stares were looking over in our direction.

''Mandy, school.'' I whispered as a warning towards her before stepping backwards and giving a glare towards the odd few people that were still staring just as the bell rang.

''Off to your next lesson kiddo.'' She ordered, clearly enjoying the fact that she could tell me what to do.

''Kiddo?'' I questioned before turning and saying goodbye before I headed off towards my next lesson. Maths, with Mr. Clayton.

Mr. Clayton was the bad ass teacher of the school with his dirty blonde brown hair and his eyeliner, his hair was long and wavy, very backcombed and resembled that of a homeless persons. He is an awesome teacher and is not afraid of cursing in lessons, or taking the mick out of certain students. He was in his mid thirtys and would not look out of place in a heavy metal rock band.

Maths passed very quickily with Mr. Clayton making jabs at Annabelle and Penelope throughout the lesson causing me and Madi to crack up everytime he mentioned, or spoke to them because he used a snooty voice. He should be a comedian. Luke didn't talk too us because he had made a new friend. A shy, quiet guy who we found out was called Cameron -Cam- and they seemed to get along quite well. Me and Madi decided that instead of being bitter about him finding a new friend we were happy because his only friends were me and Madi until this morning, he must be getting fed up of all our girl talk.

French flew by pretty quickly until about 2:30. Because of my french mother I am very fluent in French and therfore find it very easy to construct basic sentenses and paragraphs in my second language.

Half way through the lesson Miss Kinder, our french teacher, was called out of lesson by our headmaster Mr Ennis and was not to return again except from too clear out her desk, mutters and whispers filled the classroom as she left the lower floor room in tears.

''What the hell has just happened?'' I asked Luke and Madi who were sat on my right hand side.

''Looks like someones just been fired.'' Luke smirked as he stated the obvious.

Miss Kinder was not the most well liked teacher in the school and was labeled Miss Slut as she wore fake nails, fake eyelashes and tended to flirt with the male students in the upper years. She was also oblivious to her wrinkles and grey roots that were shining through her bleach blonde hair, as a result of her old age.

Madi leaned further towards the table beside her and listened intently to the convosation the students were having beside her. She looked shocked for a moment before composing herself and leaning back towards me and Luke who were watching amused.

''Rumour has it Miss Slut slept with Cade Daimon, and has now been fired and will be in police custody by the end of the hour.'' She wispered in a hushed tone.

I opened my mouth to say something but soon shut it on the arrival of the head teacher.

''Well, Miss Kinder has now been taken off in to police custody and will be held until a court appearance to decide wether Miss Kinder should be charged on statutory rape, as you will also know Cade was the student involved with Miss Kinder as you all gossip like old ladies.'' He stopped whilst everybody laughed. '' He has been expelled and will be being homeschooled before he can find a future placement at a local school. I guess now is a good time too say student teacher relationships will not be tolerated and the results of those who do have an unprofession relationship with a teacher will not be taken lightly. As for a new french teacher, we have found a long term substitute who after a trial maybe kept on as the new french teacher, that is all class, you may go home due to the lack of a teacher. You are dismissed.''

Mr Ennis is an awesome head teacher, he is fair but can be very strict when you disrespect him. We have become very aquainted over the years of me being a trouble maker, but that is over now and i have made a resolution that I will never step foot into his office. Ever again. Mr Ennis is around his late fiftys and belongs in a mental home, he has long wavy grey hair and a square face. He always makes crude jokes and has a strong scottish accent.

As I tried to dicreetly slip out of the classroom, I heard his distinctive accent say my name. Slowly i turned around. ''Yes sir?'' I smiled sweetly.

''Have a good Evening Brooke.'' He shook his head before turning and looking at a stack of papers that were left on the old wood teachers desk.

''Night sir.'' I said before turning and walking out the door and heading towards the carpark to go home.

After a ten minute drive I arrived home to an empty house, lights off, all curtains closed in the six bedroomed detached house. I entered the house kicked off my converse and turned on the lights.

After making a cup of tea I slumped on the sofa before turning on the TV and watching the latest episode of Rookie blue. After Rookie Blue had finished I decided I was feeling too lazy to cook so i rang the local pizza place and ordered my usual; Texas bbq with meatballs instead of green peppers on a double decadence base. YUM. After the pizza arrived I ate with the TV on in the background, before having a shower and going to bed.

I have to admit, sometimes it gets abit lonely in this house.