Chapter 3

As I woke up I had a good feeling about today. In all my 1,034 years I have never felt so refreshed. Today I am starting my new job as a French teacher at Eastside Academy in the east of England. Teaching is definitely a new career venture; I’ve been a surgeon, in the police and fire academy, i have studied law, I have even been a famous musician at some point. But obviously due to my immortality I had to remove myself from the memories of the people surrounding me, my loved ones, my family and my friends. Only one person have I stayed in contact with after the Great War. The only 2 survivors on the vampiric side in the western continents. Me Xander Scarlet and my best friend Nathanial Winters, oh and his younger sister Kali, who always tries to come onto me and would probably be better dead.  Harsh I know but you haven’t met her.

Kali and Nat are both vampires but Kali has the gift of seeing into the future. After one of her visions last week we relocated too Kent in south east England, where Kali had seen the vision being set.

After buttoning up my dress shirt and throwing on my black slacks I set off in my black BMW towards the school.

As I exited the teacher’s car park I was hit by a mouth watering scent that made my fangs bare, I quickly composed myself before walking into the office. I have no idea what that was all about, never have i ever lost control of my fangs, never when not provoked anyway.  As soon as I entered the office I was greeted by an elderly receptionist lady who gave me a lanyard that stated visitor and a set of 3 keys, one for my new classroom, one for the main entrance, and one for a stock cupboard that as far as I am aware is in my classroom.  As I walked through the corridors I attracted a lot of attention, and i mean why I wouldn’t? I’m handsome, young, strong and one of the most powerful creatures to have walked along the earth; though the teenage girls currently drooling over me didn’t.  I am certain that none of the girls will attract my attention; after all they are all just immature copies in preppy navy uniforms.  ‘Spoke too soon.’ A voice echoed in my head as I was once again hit by the overwhelming aroma of fresh blood, with hints of vanilla and sugar.  I shook my head as I passed a group of 3 people, who I assumed to be staff due to their lack of uniform, one being a tall young blonde fellow that had a very square jaw and was wearing jeans way too tight for his own good, also a tall blonde curvy girl with bouncy, tight ringlets framing her face and also I caught a glimpse of a woman with beautiful long straight red hair, my favourite, wearing loose fitting jeans and a leather jacket. Must be staff. I thought absentmindedly.

I looked at my schedule as i entered my new classroom and perched myself on my desk.

TUESDAY

PERIOD 1     

YEAR 9

BOTTOM SET

PERIOD 2

YEAR 11

TOP SET

BREAK

PERIOD 3

YEAR 7

MIDDLE SET

LUNCH

PERIOD 4

YEAR 7

TOP SET

PERIOD 5

FREE PERIOD 

---------------------------------------Brooke’s POV-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

After entering form Miss Jamieson told us that we had an assembly instead of our sociology lesson, which we had in form groups. We all left for the hall after 10 minutes of quiet chatting, when we got their Mr Ennnis was stood at the front of the hall by a podium, which meant there was big news, probably just about Miss Kinder and Cade. To be honest it didn’t surprise me, we all saw it coming its a shame though about Cade, he went to my primary school and from what I can remember he was quite a nice guy.