23. Her Wretched heart!

Note: I request you to please listen to the song, while you read, and play close attention to the lyrics.
And also, vote and comment too.
Awaiting the reviews.

~ Everybody watches the tears that flow but people seldom notice a heart that bleeds from within~

To say Nandini was shocked would be an understatement, she was downright surprised. Atleast after that long a conversation, she had expected Shiwali to relent, which clearly didn't happen. But before, Nandini could open her mouth again, Shiwali held her hands.

"Nandini, I understand your points, and you are correct. I know I am hurting Manik, but right now, I want to protect myself from getting hurt. You have to understand-", she was cut off by a furious Nandini.

"Understand what Shiwali? That you are right at this moment, because you are choosing your own self, but I was wrong years ago, to choose my happiness? Is that what you are implying?", She scowled at her, and that made Shiwali mum.

Wasn't Nandini right? She was blamed, made guilt stricken, and downright humiliated because she chose her happiness, her heart over Manik, meanwhile not knowing that he was hurt, or what did he hear. But here Shiwali was claiming herself to be right, even though she was doing the same thing, additionally knowing beforehand that she was hurting Manik.

Ironical much.

"I am surprised Shiwali. Why do you even claim to love Manik when you are ready to run away at the first opportunity of a storm? Is love that weak an emotion? Is love always about sacrifices, in your case, a selfish sacrifice? Isn't it about holding on, about letting the destiny test your love? You preach so much, and even then act like a complete coward?", Nandini had a smile on her face, a bitter one, because she was suffering all throughout for reasons that according to Shiwali was completely justified in her own case.

"I didn't mean that", Shiwali fumbled, and Nandini let out a chuckle.

" Yeah right. I am the wrong one because I made mistakes, grave one at that. You are right because you are sacrificing your love, even though that's a completely selfish motive of leaving guilt and sorrow behind, so that you stay even when you are gone! Wow!", Nandini remarked, and Shiwali lowered her gaze, because she knew not a word of what Nandini spoke was wrong.

"Nandini, see, I have to leave. Yes, earlier I was leaving for selfish reasons, but now, I want to leave so that you guys can live happily. I know, Manik doesn't love me and it's best for all of us to let me go!", Shiwali pleaded but it had no effect on Nandini, other than deepening the scowl on her face.

" Two things, Shiwali. One, I don't need your pity, or a left over Manik by you for me. I can have him by my love also, if he is meant for me. And secondly, why don't you let Manik say whether or not he loves you? Why are you snatching a fair change from all of us Shiwali?", Nandini was literally frsustarted with the way Shiwali was behaving.

Now, Shiwali had no clue how to tell Nandini that she had seen it in his eyes, the feelings shining bright, and it was not for her, it was for Nandini. She was a psychiatrist for god sake and she knew the look of love, it was the same Manik's eyes had for Nandini, and she knew if Manik comes to know about Shiwali's feelings, he will be confused, between his love for Nandini and the responsibility and gratitude he had for her own self.

" I can't explain it to you Nandini, but all I can say is Manik doesn't know about my feelings for him, and let it stay that way! I will leave day after tomorrow, and my decision is not going to change", Shiwali spoke, and turned her back to Nandini, who was rooted to her spot.

"That's not happening Shiwali, I am not going to hide anything from Manik. He deserves to know the truth!", Nandini also declared and it scared Shiwali. She hastily turned towards her, shaking her head.