I

6 years ago:

- Kaycee, wake up!! You are going to be late for the audition! - said her Mom, downstairs.

The 9-year-old girl's eyes opened slowly. Sleepy, she jumped out of bed, took a shower, put on a comfortable outfit and and ran downstairs, excited. On that sunny day in May, the girl would take part in one of the most important auditions of her life: the possibility of entering the IMMABEAST dance academy.

In the kitchen, Kaycee sat at the table and received a kiss from her father on the head.

- Good morning, little monkey - That's how her father call her since she was a baby - Ready for the audition?

Kaycee's father put two blueberry's pancakes on your plate. Her favorite breakfast.

- Good morning, dad - the girl smiled and began to eat, in a bit of a hurry since her mother was already going to the garage - I am just a little nervous.

- So, remember what I am going to say to you right now: "There are no distances, mountains or walls that your determination can not overcome."

- Got it, dad. Thank you so much - She checked everything she needed to take to the audiotion: a water bottle, a face towel and a change of clothes. She hugged her father, took the bag to the car and went with her mother to the dance studio.

Arriving there, there were dozens of children everywhere. The girl was a bit worried because a lot of them seemed to be very talented.

After a while, a tall and very pretty woman picked up a microphone, being received by a lot of palms and screams. Kaycee had already recognized the woman, from so many videos on the internet that she saw her dancing.

- Hi Everyone! I am Janelle Ginestra and I am one of the Co-founders of IMMABeast, a dance company that search for people with passion for dancing, and desire for daily-challenges inside and outside the dances classes. For the next minutes I am going to talk about what we expect from each one of you to join us in the company!

After twenty minutes of Janelle talking, Will Adams came in the class too, being received with another round of applauses.

- Hi guys! If you don't know, I am Will Adams, the other Co- founder of this company. I know you must be pretty tired of listening to Janelle talking. She gets very excited about this and don't stop talking for a second - everybody laughed and Janelle showed her tongue to Will, what made the people laugh even more - So, you are going to be divided in two categories today: from 9 to 13 years old and from 14 to 16 years old. You will be evaluated and in each category 10 people will be selected to be part of our family. We hope you have a great day and do your best to become a beast !

All the participants were directed to two different classes where they had to learn a choreography and present to Will and Janelle. While Janelle was teaching the choreography for the older category, Will was teaching for Kaycee's. Kaycee was able to learn every move, but the girl on her side seemed to be having trouble with a pirouette.

- Hi, I think if you lift your left leg higher and flex the right one, it'll be easier to do the pirouette - Kaycee said, smiling to the girl. She had Asian origin and a dark short hair. After the tip, the girl tried the movement again, finishing the sequence with excellence.

- Wow, thank you so muck for the help! - said the Asian girl, smiling - I am so nervous, I want to enter the company so much.

- Me too - said Kaycee, timidly.

- My name is Bailey, and yours?

- My name is Kaycee. Nice to meet you, Bailey!

- I saw you dancing next to me and you are very good, you'll be chosen for sure.

- Thanks!!! i am kind of nervous too, but we need to be confident and give the best as we can - Kaycee said with a wide smile.

After long and tiring hours of rehearsal, the girl had memorized the dance and was ready for the audition. All the children of her category were in the rehearsal room and one by one, in alphabetical order, were called to the audition. After that, they would be dismissed and allowed to leave the studio. There must have been at least about 50 kids in each room, which made Kaycee think how exhausting it must have been for Will and Janelle as well, since they were watching each child at a time.

Kaycee and Bailey spent the day rehearsing together, side by side and helping each other. Kaycee liked how Bailey seemed determined to learn and overcome challenges, and how talented she was at dancing.

- Bailey Sok, it's your turn! - said Janelle entering the class.

- Wish me luck, Kaycee - Bailey hugged her and went to the audition class.

- Break a leg - Kaycee smiled.

After 20 minutes reviewing all the movements, a boy approached Kaycee:

- hm, Hello! - the boy looked like he was the same age as Kaycee, or one year older.

- Hi, it's everything okay? - she asked curious.

- Yeah, sure! I just want to say that I really liked how you helped your friend in that pirouette - said the boy, blushing,

- Oh, thanks! - Kaycee smiled - It was not a big deal. Bailey is such a great dancer, she was just a little bit nervous for the audition

- My two friends Josh and Julian just got in the audition room, Hope they do a good job. By the way, I'm Sean. How about you?

- I am Kaycee, Kaycee Rice - said the girl, opening a smile.

- Nice to meet you, Kaycee Rice, Would you like to be my friend?

-X-

Hi guys! My name is Bia :)

So, just if you haven't notice, I am not fluent in English, haha. I am from Brazil and if my English sucks, hope you can understand the basic haha.

So, please comment your thoughs and if you like what you read,  please like and say this to me!

Thank you so much, Bia