VIII

Kaycee choked for a second.

- Uuh Bails, sorry about that, I just wanted to talk about some stuff with you but I am okay right now - she said smiling looking everywhere but Bailey's eyes, who raised one eyebrow, looking at her.

- Kaycee Caitlin Rice. You messaged me on the middle of the night wanting to talk about something that you didn't even want to share with Sean, and then, on the next day, we hang out for the entire day and you didn't talk whatever you wanted to with me. I know you are a weirdo but this is way above your level.

- Bai, I was just quite nervous about the choreography for Buildabeast. I was feeling stressed out and very anxious because we just have a short time to figure it out what this routine is about and...

- You didn't panicked, did you? - Bailey seemed worried.

Kaycee shuddered when her best friend mentioned that.

For Kaycee, dance was the best thing that could have ever happened to her. When she was dancing, she felt like she could be anything. She could transfer all of her energies to her movements and let the world see who she really was. The benefits of dancing were about 99.9% for her.

But the 0.1% that left almost ruined everything for her.

A few years ago, when she didn't even met her best friends, Kaycee frequented a ballet academy. She was 6 at the time, and was starting to really feel her passion for dance. Until she meets Ms. Collins.

Ms. Collins was her ballet teacher and the meanest, rudest and baddest person that Kaycee knew. She was totally mean with her students and seems like she tried her best to desmotivate Kaycee from being a dancer.

She learned a lot with that experience. Kaycee learned that you always need to treat people how you want to be treated. and that you don't have to be perfect all the time and it is okay to fail if you are trying your hardest.

But unfortunately, Kaycee will carry a negativity bag with her forever. Because of that teacher, she developed anxiety disorder when she was only 6 years old, and for almost 5 months of her life she couldn't perform at stage because of the stress and anxiety Ms. Collins made her feel. She started to have panic attacks, making her hyperventilate and shake, crying non-stoply to what seemed like hours.

She got out of the academy when her family discovered everything because of Kaycee's behaviour change. Before that, she was the happiest person on earth when she had the opportunity to dance, but after the ballet's classes, she was always face down and quiet, as if the teacher had absorbed all her good energies.

After almost 10 years, what seemed to be her worst fear came to her scape place. The stage became her favorite place in the world. Was where she felt safe, and nobody could take that out of her. Never again.

- No Bai, I am fine. I don't have this for almost 10 years, remember?

She felt horrible for lying for Bailey about the last night's message. She was not having problems with the choreography, neither she feeling stressed about that. The problem was not that. The problem was with Sean.

She didn't understand why she was acting so weird when she was next to him in the past few days, but she felt like she needed to handle that herself. When she sent the message, she felt like Bailey could help her and things would get alright. But if Kaycee didn't even know what was going on with her head, how could Bailey help her?

Kaycee hugged Bailey in a long and tight hug. She felt overwhelmed knowing that she could count on that girl everytime she needed to.

- You can count on me anytime, Bailey Sok - Kaycee said smiling.

They separated from the hug and Bailey exclaimed:

- You too, Kaycee Rice. Always! Now get your butt up and let's get ready to the party.

*

- Duuude c'mon, you know that I am curious! For the thousandth time please tell us what is going on with you - Josh said as he was spinning in a swivel chair.

- OMFG we are in this for the whole afternoon, Sean please just say anything to shut Josh's mouth or I am going to explode - Julian was laid on the floor.

- I told you a million of times, I am good right now and I don't want to talk about this thing anymore - Sean was lying on his bed, throwing a little ball up and picking it up with the hand.

His two friends rolled their eyes.

- Okay, I got that, but can you just answer one question that is really freaking me out? - Josh asked.

- You promise me it's going to be the last thing you are going to say today? - Sean said, making Julian laugh.

- Why you didn't want to Kaycee know what you wanted to talk?

Sean instantly froze. He really regreted about typing that message to Julian and Josh. Not because they would might mock Sean about what he was feeling, but Sean wasn't sure at all about what was going on with him too. He would totally tell his friends if he was feeling something concrete, but he wasn't sure about nothing at all.

Everything was a mess inside Sean's mind. He knew that his feeling for Kaycee were different, but what changed?

They were partners. Inside and outside the stage. And the chemistry between them was something undeniable. They were like brother and sister. They did absolutely everything together and grew up mentally, fisically and profissionally together. Sean would never let anything ruin that friendship and that bond that they had.

But what if he was feeling something more than friendship for her? What if this different feeling could screw everything up?

- I think she wouldn't understand me - Sean said, placing his two hands on the back of his neck and looking at the ceiling.

Julian and Josh looked at each other and before they could possibly think, they said in unison, almost joking:

- Dude, what the freak, are you in love?

- Of course not, idiots - He threw two pillows, each one in the face of the guys.

- You never liked someone before, man. This would be a huge thing for your proud papas right here - Julian said, making Sean laugh ironically

- Okay! Case closed. Now you two get ready to go, I need to answer some e-mails here and then I'll go - Sean exclaimed.

Josh and Julian stood up and started to get ready for the party.
Sean took a deep breath and put his hand on his forehead.

He needed to learn a better way that his friends wouldn't decipher him so easily.

*

Hi guyssss, what is up with you??

sorry for being the worst updater ever, I am studying so much and almost don't have time to think about the story :(

This chapter was written DAYS ago, but I was not liking it at all so I changed basically everything lol. It took me a lot of time to write about Kaycee's AD (anxiety disorder) and I really want to write something about that bc currently this is SO important to talk about cause a lot people don't take this serious and trivialize this disorder :( I am going to write more about that on the next notes ok?

So, hope you enjoy this chapter and stay tuned cause the next one will be released soon (i hope so)

If you like the story please vote and comment what you have liked the most and what should I improve on it! Thank you ;)

See you soon,

Bia :)