meanie | 5

"baby boy can we please not do this now?" wonwoo's hand drifted past mingyu's as salty tears slipped from his eyes in the early hours of the morning. the pair were at the store near their home just to run the errand that had to be moved so that the boys could have their play date but something was off. mingyu was being oddly clingy alongside his increased fussiness. The little often misbehaved, or for use of a better phrase would just enjoy showing cheek or acting up, but this was different.

wonwoo, unable to be too open in public, was resisting the urge to soothe his little more as they walked down the isles, fingers brushing up against each other. it was only once the older was looking for something he felt a tug on his sleeve and finally saw his teary-faced baby. leaving their near empty cart he took his hand and gently pulled him into the single bathroom, sitting him on the cabinet nearby the sinks. the caregiver placed a hand on mingyu's cheek and gently wiped his thumb under his eyes.

"hey baby, what's wrong hm?" mingyu brought his head up and his eyes met wonwoo's warm smile. the older cooed at his little and picked him up feeling legs and arms wrap around him. wonwoo could feel how tightly mingyu was holding on and raised an eyebrow as he bounced his baby.

"you have to tell me what's wrong pup or i can't fix it, and daddy hates seeing his puppy sad cause it makes him sad too," he put on an exaggerated pout and almost immediately regretted it as mingyu took one look and then started crying harder into him. after maybe five or ten minutes wonwoo had to put the little down which made him whine as he sniffled and rubbed his eyes. wonwoo gently took mingyu's wrists in his hands and moved them away from his eyes.

"pup that'll hurt, don't do that, please.." he was exhausted. there's nothing more painful as a caregiver than not being able to help your little and wonwoo could feel the knife twisting inside of him. that was until a tug on his sleeve brought him back.

"bl-blue.." and with that the older wanted to bang his head against a wall. sighing he took the navy blue paci out of his pocket and washed it under the tap before trying to hand it to mingyu who shook his head and opened his mouth. chuckling at his partner wonwoo ruffled his hair which only made him whine before taking him off of the counter and taking his hand. peeking through the door he could see the store was pretty much empty aside from a few people near checkout. thankfully for them, checkout was on the other side of the store from the entrance. smiling almost stupidly at the confused mingyu, wonwoo pulled his little quickly after him as they ran to the car. errands could wait.

the second the door closed, and they caught their breath they both started laughing, mingyu giggling through his paci. once they'd calmed down and wonwoo was thinking fairly straight they quickly drove home, got changed and packed a small backpack just in case with some toys and extra clothes, because knowing mingyu the ones he had on were not going to stay clean. he had on a blue sweater and black jeans with his pikachu stuffie peeking out of his bag which he was trying to close whilst wonwoo tied his shoes for him.

 he had on a blue sweater and black jeans with his pikachu stuffie peeking out of his bag which he was trying to close whilst wonwoo tied his shoes for him

"daddy was' that?" mingyu was pointing at the bag wonwoo was holding and he laughed; he asked this question every time they went anywhere. "it's just in case pup, don't worry about it," wonwoo tried to take his hand and walk with him but mingyu refused to move. "wan see!" wonwoo gave him a look. "please?"

placing his own bag down wonwoo opened it and mingyu smiled and looked up at him. "for if daddy feels small?" wonwoo nodded "mm," the caregiver closed his bag before bringing it onto his shoulder and reaching out his hand to mingyu, who pulled on his own bag, then took it and happily skipped out of the house all smiles and giggles. today was gonna be good.

 today was gonna be good