Todoroki//V

It was last night he had met Princess y/n of the Light Kingdom. He knew that his father had arranged a marriage for him Because as a suitor He had always fallen short of being chosen. His aloof personality coupled with the fact that he was the son of a notorious warlord didn't earn him much luck with princesses. And when It came to y/n he was sure that nothing in that department was different. Although this one was forced to marry him that's what was different. 

To be honest, the prince didn't really care that none of the princesses had chosen him. He wasn't attracted to any of them. None of them seemed to truly care about their people as he did. And He found all of them to be very bland as well. They had no interests, no substance to their personality. They'd be all over him one minute and then as soon as they heard he was King Endeavor's They would kick him away without even listening to his opinion on the matter.

And from what he could see so far. That was y/n. He didn't know much about her but he knew that she hated him without even listening to his opinion on the matter.

But that was the life of a prince. You're only there to be an heir and to create more heirs that, was it. Who cares if you wanted your one life or to find love on your own. Or if you didn't want love at all.

But something was off, The way the Princess acted about the situation was as if she was mad at the Todoroki family more then anyone. In Todoroki's experience Princesses usually only got mad at their own parents when they were set up with him

The Prince went to the kitchen first thing in the morning that day. Y/n's assistant, Momo tend to hang out there and Shoto wanted to know if Y/n would be attending breakfest. He wasn't hungry but if his future bride was there he had to go. He wanted to see if she really was like every other princess. Bland and judgmental.

Momo wasn't there but Shoto waited a few minutes and she showed up. "Miss Momo?"

"Yes, Prince?"  She answered. 

"Were you just with Princess L/n?"

"Yes, why?" 

"I wanted to know if she would be coming to breakfest."

The maid sighed. "Unfortunately she isn't exactly up to it your highness."

"Ok thank you," Shoto said. His monotone voice covering his disappointment.

This girl made him curious. He didn't know exactly why but she just did. "Do you need anything else, Prince?" the maid asked. Shoto thought for a second. "A bag of apples." Momo cracked an egg on the side of a pan. "Prince you know the food I can make isn't suitable to eat." She said as the egg sizzled in the pan. "It's for the horses." He clarified. "Oh ok." She said as a red sparkle emerged from her back. The bag fell to the floor spilling out some apples. Shoto walked over to the bag and put the apples back in the bag before picking it up and heading off to his room to put on his riding boots before heading down to the stables.

On his way, he ran into his father. "Shoto why the hell are you wearing your riding boots. Our first breakfest with your bride is in twenty minutes." the king inquired. "She's not coming," Shoto said. "What why not?!" "I don't know. Ask Momo." He said as he walked off. "here. have an apple he said while grabbing an apple and tossing it at the king's feet. "disrespectful brat...." 

The King looked at the apple and picked it up taking a bite out of it. "OH MOTHER OF GOD. SHOTO!!!" The king threw the apple against the ground and crushed it with his foot. 

-------------------------------------------------------

"Fumyumi." The King said. "Yes, Father?" "Find a way to invite the Kingdom to a ball in a week." The Princess thought for a second. "Yes, sir. What's the ball for?" She asked. "To celebrate the engagement of Shoto and Princess L/n." The King replied. "Oh ok." 

There was silence for a few minutes.

 "Father, are you angry? the King stayed quite. "Oh is it from Shoto skipping breakfest again?" His daughter asked.

 "He's been being so disrespectful to me." Fuyumi sighed. she was afraid to stand up against her father and tell him why Shoto didn't respect him. Though she wanted to. "Father...?"

"Yes, Princess?"

"May I be excused? I finished eating."

The King contemplated for a second.

"You are excused."

"Thank you"

Fuyumi quickly got up and walked to the hallway. Once out of sight she ran to her room and buried her face in her pillow. "I just want us to be a happy family.... a happy kingdom" she cried. Tears streamed down her face. She went to look out her window. and saw Shoto on his horse she watched him for a bit. It was nice to see him expressing happiness.

"I still haven't met his bride. I should ask if he can help me find her."  She walked down to the stables where he was. When she got there he saw her. 

"Fuyumi?" Shoto 

"Hey, Shoto so I heard your bride arrived yesterday."

"Yeah, she did..." 

"What's got you down. I heard from Natsou that the Princess of the Light Kingdom was great."

"She might be. I can't really tell though. She refuses to talk to me."

"What? Why?" 

"I don't know. It's like she hates our family or something. I don't blame her. The King is a war crazy bastard." 

"So I don't imagine you would take me to find her right?"

"I'm sorry, I can't do that.

The Princess frowned. But her face soon lit up with inspiration. 

"Shoto meet me here in an hour." She said as she picked up her dress and ran back into. the palace in search of her father. 

"Wait! Fumyu-" Shoto reached out an arm wanting to stop her and ask why but he held himself back when he realized it was too late.