Chapter 2: The Black Pearl

As I was finishing packing me little amount of belongings I started to the door. I stopped in me tracks to make sure I didn't forget anything. 'Me rum!' I turned around and rushed to a cabinet in the back of the hay loft. I didn't own me a room in a house nor did I own much anyway. All I owned was, one gown stolen from a rich woman's chariot. Me current clothes, black leather pants, black leather boots, a corset also leather but a dark brown, and a white shirt with crowned wrist. I wore stolen jewelry yet some of it wasn't stolen. I had me multiple rings, many earrings all up me ears and one ring in me lip. Tho everything else I wear is stolen all I owned before me pirate years was me ol' pal Harley. He was a mut but I didn't care. I saved him from drowning in the harbor.

As I finished packing the last of me rum I grabbed a hold of me bag and called to Harley. "Come on boy. We're joining the pirate crew. Cap'n Barbossa's ship a waits." Harley and I left two hours before first light but we needed the time if we lived closer to the governor's home.

I would watch his beautiful daughter as she walked the gardens. But the reason I watched her home was for the man who brought gifts to her father. He was young and handsome but a pirate like me has no such chance with that, beautiful creature.

Harley and I swiftly made our way to the harbor. We ran into some red coats but I am a woman of swift and quiet movements so it was no problem sneaking by them. By the time we made it to the harbor I could hear the pirate crew snoring away. 'Men.' I laughed. I walked up to the ship and walked aboard. Harley sniffed his new surroundings and came back me way when I began to whistle a tune. "What would you do with a drunken sailor, what would you do with a drunken sailor, what would you do with a drunken sailor early in the mornin'." I walked about the deck and continued the melody. I heard footsteps behind me and Harley began to growl. "Best step back lad, he bites." I turned around to be face to face with Ragetti and Pintel.

"Ello poppet." They smiled at me and began to question me. "And what is a fine poppet like you doing on a pirate ship?" Pintel put his hand on me waist. I snapped, I grabbed his hand and twisted it behind his back and dropped him to the floor.

"KEEP YOUR BLOODY HANDS OFF ME YOU BILGE RAT!!" I looked up at Harley, "Gard boy. And you." I looked at Ragetti, "You go get ye Cap'n, NOW!" He ran as fast as his skinny legs could carry him. I stood up and whipped me hair out of me face. Harley stood growling at Pintel. Pintel on the other hand was in such shock he didn't want to move. The next thing I saw was Captain Barbossa running out of the Cap'n's quarters.

"What in the name of-" He stopped in the middle of his sentence when he saw me standing over Pintel and my huge wolf breed mut standing next to me. "Blimy." He put his face in one hand and continued in his disappointment. "Pintel, Ragetti, what exactly did you say? That a crazy, pirate woman came aboard our ship and took Pintel here hostage?" I looked up at Barbossa with anger in me eyes. "Calm down lass, these two are-" I interrupted him with an angered protest.

"SO THAT'S WHAT YOU TOLD HIM!!" I put one hand in a fist and breathed with deep anger in me voice, "YOU... YOU... UHH!!!!" I ran towards Ragetti and drew me sword. Barbossa grabbed me just before I could get to Ragetti.

"Calm down lass. It's to early in ye mornin' for this." Barbossa looked at Ragetti then at Pintel. "Ye better leave this lass alone, she be part of the crew now. She be short tempered as well." They ran off and Harley began to growl at Barbossa.

"Best let me go Cap'n, me Harley doesn't like strangers touchin' me." Barbossa let go and began to make up for his idiotic crew members.

"Welcome Ms. Crow, to The Black Pearl." He grinned as I looked around me then to the horizon.

"I know me ships Capt'n. Me family were working for the trading company when I was a younger lass. Me Pop showed me the harbor many a times. Your Pearl on the other hand..." I began to gander to the bow of the ship. "Me Mum warned me of such ships. Says the pearl was the ship that sunk many of me Pop's ships. But me Pop lied to his own family, he was a pirate. And one day, he never returned to Connemara, Ireland." Barbossa's eyes widened.

"Ireland!? That's why ye a rum drinken woman." I laughed me normal annoyed laugh and turned to look at Barbossa.

"Yes me is irish, but just because me drink rum doesn't mean nothin'." I began to whistle a tune again and I snapped me fingers to call Harley over to me.

"Aye, well we be settin' sail in a bit. Feel free to unpack ye bags."