VII

"Here you go," Scott blushed, carefully giving Mitch his drink and muffin.

"Thank you!" Mitch grinned toothily. "You didn't have to pay, you know. I'm the one who invited you."

Scott nodded, sitting across from Mitch and holding his warm coffee just under his chin. "I know that, but I wanted to treat you. You were amazing tonight, and you saved me from certain death," he said, which made the smaller man laugh.

"Was it certain though?" he smirked, then shook his head, dismissing the comment. "Either way, thank you."

"Anytime."

Scott took a sip of his coffee, blowing on it first, and grinned. "You're right!" he exclaimed, eyes lighting up. "This is so good!"

"I know," Mitch giggled. "I'm glad you like it." He was already half done his coffee, but he liked it hotter than most people. Of course he would still drink it when it cooled down, but it always tasted better hot.

The two skipped mindless small talk - neither being interested in meaningless conversations about things like the weather - and shared stories about their everyday lives. Scott learned that Mitch was trying unsuccessfully to cut down on carbs because his doctor thought he might be allergic to it, and that he was terrible at dieting.

"It's just really hard," Mitch groaned. "Carbs are everywhere, and I could always ask for gluten free stuff, but that's overcomplicating life, and I'd rather not."

Scott nodded even though he had never dieted a day in his life. "That would suck," he said. "Cutting out pizza? I could never."

"Same," Mitch grinned. "And what about you? Tell me something."

"Anything?" Scott replied, already thinking of what he could say. He didn't want to scare Mitch off so soon.

Mitch nodded, propping his head up with one hand and leaning slightly closer to him. "Yeah," he said. "Or a few things. Whatever you want," he added a minute later when he realized that Scott was struggling.

"Let's see," said the blond.

---

What will our dear Scott share? Do you have any predictions?

Hope you liked this cute this little chapter! There's more to come!

Love, Emmett :)