Epilogue

"Scott! Come up here!" Mitch yelled from their bedroom. "Look what I just found!"

The excitement in his voice peaked Scott's interest, and he headed upstairs. "What is it?" he asked, entering the room to find Mitch sitting on their bed with a pink box in front of him.

"Look! It's all our memories from when we were dating!" Mitch grinned, holding up a picture of the two of them on a ferris wheel.

"Aw, we haven't changed a bit," Scott giggled. "Still hopelessly in love and-"

"Shut up, you sap!" Mitch blushed. He put down the picture as Scott sat beside him.

Scott looked at the almost overflowing box and sighed. "I think it's time for a new box. This one's already full and we need some room for all the baby pictures we're gonna have soon."

"Yeah, you're right," Mitch said, smiling up at his husband.

They took out everything in the box slowly, talking about every picture and old movie ticket, and reminiscing all their memories. They had almost been together for 8 years, as they'd met in early June and started dating quite quickly, so they had a lot of memorabilia.

"Oh my God, Scotty, remember this?" Mitch exclaimed, holding up a small black box.

Scott nodded, glancing down at the pair of rings on his husband's finger. "How could I forget? I hid it in the kitchen because I knew you wouldn't find it there." He chuckled when he remembered how nervous he'd been to give the promise ring to Mitch.

"You know, the day you gave me that ring was when I knew I wanted to marry you. I had no idea why you were bringing me to the park, and when you said that little speech, I just knew that you were the one I wanted to share my life with," Mitch said, setting down the picture in his hand so he could hold Scott's hand.

Mitch still wore the promise ring everyday, and he had since the day he'd gotten it. It rested on his finger just above his wedding ring.

"I didn't know that," Scott said, smiling. "That's so sweet."

Mitch tilted his head and kissed Scott's cheek gently. "Well now you know."

The box was almost empty when they stopped again. "Oh wow, this is where it all started," Scott gasped, holding up a picture.

It was the selfie they'd taken in front of the library on the first day they met. It was the one where they accidentally kissed.

"Our first kiss," Mitch grinned. "It's so hard now to remember a day without your kisses. Can you believe it's been eight years?"

Scott shook his head and put the picture down. "Meeting you was the best day of my life," he said.

Mitch gasped. "What about our wedding!" He exclaimed jokingly, making Scott roll his eyes.

"Okay, that too. Every day with you is the best day," Scott laughed, wrapping an arm around Mitch's waist. "I love you."

Mitch smiled, leaning into Scott's touch. "I love you too."

---

The End.

Wow, this book is one of my favorites, so it's sad that it's done now, but I've had this ending planned since the beginning.

I'm so glad you guys enjoyed this as much as I did, and new books will be coming out soon!

As I've mentioned before, there will be some bonus chapters continuing their story (and there's a little hint in this chapter... did anyone catch it?) so stick around for those.

What was your favorite part of this book? Mine is when they went for the fancy dinner and Mitch wore a sparkly suit.

Thank you for supporting this book! I love y'all and hopefully I'll see you in the next book!

🏳️‍🌈💟